Dinner Date

Aomine walked into practice the very next day confident and ready to apologise. He scanned the gym, frowning in disappointment when he couldn't find the raven haired male. He walked over to Momoi who was chatting with Ryo.

"Hey, where's Haru?"

"He's finishing off with the swimming club, he'll be here soon." Momoi explained.

"Oh, okay." Aomine huffed rather sadly, crossing his arms. "Wanna practice shots Ryo?"

The boy nodded eagerly, passing the ball he had to Aomine and followed him to the basket. During the whole practice session, Aomine constantly glanced at the door, waiting for Haruka to show himself. The end of practice came too soon and Aomine was sitting, hands clasped as Momoi was shuffling around the gym.

"Why didn't he show up?"

"He probably got caught up." Momoi shrugged, glancing behind him, smiling to herself as Aomine glanced at the door again.

"What do you think he's doing?"

"Daki why don't you just ask him out?" Momoi sighed as she sat down beside him.

"I was going to, but he never showed up to practice." Aomine groaned into his hands. "Why is this so difficult?"

"Why don't you go and find him?" Momoi suggested. "I'm sure he's still around."

"Good idea." Aomine exclaimed running to the doors. "Thanks Momoi."

Aomine walked to the indoor swimming pool, assuming that was where Haru would be. He remembered their first meeting, his friends trying to explain Haru's strange obbession for water to the basketball players. Aomine opened the doors quietly not wanting to make his presence known. He walked over to the bleachers and watched the sleek body in the water slice through it like soft butter. Aomine watched in awe as the swimmer increased his pace and continued to swim, never slowing down. The raven haired boy finally came to a stop, breathing deeply and complementing whether to acknowledge his spectator. Haru raised himself from the pool, grabbing his towel, patting himself dry before talking over his shoulder.

"You can come down you know." Haruka smirked as he heard the dark teen splutter and trip. He turned around to see Aomine cautiously approaching him. Haru smiled slightly as Aomine waved shyly at him.

"Hey."

"Hello." Haru replied stoically.

"How are you?" Aomine asked nervously. "Did you have a good swim?"

"Is that what you came here for? Idle chatter?" Haru asked as he ruffled his hair in his towel.

"No actually." Aomine twiddled his fingers. "I came to apologise about last night and wondered if maybe you'd like to, I don't know, maybe have dinner with me?"

Haru cocked his head in confusion, "What was that last bit? I couldn't hear you."

"Would you like to have dinner with me?" Aomine hastily spoke out, eyes plastered on the floor. Since when do I get so nervous?

"I'd love to."

"What?" Aomine's eyes staring surprisingly at Haru, who was smothering a laugh.

"I'll have dinner with you."

"You will?" Aomine couldn't believe his luck, he thought he had blown his chance with the swimmer and now he's going on a date with him.

"So are you cooking?" Haru inquired.

"If you want." Aomine shrugged. "And no help this time."

Haru nodded. "Is tonight good?"

"Keen are we?" The basketball player crossed his arms smugly.