37 - Don't Hold Back

Emily

We found ourselves travelling yet again two weeks later, back to England for Christmas. It was last minute as in we hadn't actually decided and booked it until we got home from Disney World, but we had in mind for a while before that that we were going to spend Christmas with my mum. Michael was joining us a couple of days after Christmas, to see Danielle, but for a little under a week before that it was just the three of us back in my childhood home.

In the time between getting home from Florida and leaving again for London, Ashton and the others had done a few small shows. The band had officially turned ten, so to commemorate it they went back to the Annendale Hotel - with a lot more than 12 people - and performed across the weekend, starting on the Thursday and finishing on the Tuesday (Charlotte and I begged them to call the shows '5 Nights of Summer', but they shot us down pretty quickly), which Charlotte, Jasmine and I went to every one of. The first night we were front row absolutely covered in 5sos merchandise: t-shirts, temporary tattoos on our cheeks, wristbands lining our wrists, foamy hands, even caps. We looked more like we should have been at a baseball game or something of the sort than a tiny concert, but we had fun and you could see the four guys found it entertaining to have us right in front of them cheering them on. For the other shows we dialled it down a little and stood nearer the back, though still kept the enthusiasm and alcohol consumption up (though I designated myself driver, of course staying off the drinks).

On the last night we stormed the stage with a birthday cake, along with John Feldmann who gave them a plaque. We made the cake earlier that day - or rather, I made it with input from the other two - and they seemed touched by it, which although was nice, I think I'd have preferred if they paid it barely any attention so we could get off stage quicker. Although a small crowd, going up in front of their fans was far more terrifying than any show I'd ever done. Returning to the crowd where everybody's eyes were no longer on me was quite the relief.

We had a party back at the band house after, where we invited some of their friends and crew. It was a surprise for them so when Ashton showed up there instead of at home he was pretty confused, until he realised what was going on.

"Why are we here?" Ashton asked with a frown when we pulled onto the drive at the band house.

"We thought you'd want to spend some time with the other three to celebrate," I explained, glancing sideways at Jasmine and Charlotte to see if it was believable.

"I've done nothing but that for the last five nights, but okay..." he agreed then climbed out the car and started making his way towards the front door.

"Wait, we have to wait for the others!" I shouted, stopping him in his tracks.

"Why?"

"It's their house, it would be rude to just walk in before them."

"I used to live here, I don't think it matters much," he replied, but that second the others pulled into the drive and stepped out the car.

"What are you doing here?" Michael asked.

"Ask Emily," Ashton said, pointing at me.

"Emily, what are you doing here?"

"Stop asking questions and just get inside," Jasmine said decisively before grabbing Michael's hand, then Ashton's seconds later, and dragging them both up to the house.

"Wait for me!" Calum yelled, running to catch up.

"Looks like I'll just...be back here..." Luke shouted hopelessly after them. Charlotte laughed and waited to walk alongside him, while I made my own way up after the others. Luke and Charlotte managed to catch me up, and we just reached the front door by the time Jasmine had opened it up and let the others in.