01

「ONE」

「ONE」

: ̗̀➛☽︎

SCOTT MCCALL WAS HOME ALONE, AS PER USUAL. The sophomore was getting ready for bed when he began to hear noises right outside the house. His mother was working, so nobody should be there, especially at this hour of the night. His heart race accelerated as he made the stupid decision to check out the noise, grabbing the baseball bat that laid by his doorframe. 

He slowly made his way down the stairs, contemplating turning back with every creak the steps made. The boy slowly twisted the front door knob open, preparing to swing the bat if necessary. The sounds stopped for a moment, the relief was short-lived as a figure fell from the roof.

Two shouts were heard, Scott frantically swinging the bat-unknowingly-at his best friend.

"Stiles, what the hell are you doing?" The startled teen questioned, his grip on the bat loosening as he stopped swinging.

"You weren't answering your phone!" Stiles glanced between the bat and his friend, "Why do you have a bat?"

The McCall sighed and lowered the bat, "I thought you were a predator."

"A pre-" the Stilinski stops himself, choosing to ignore the statement. "Look, I know it's late but you gotta hear this." He continues nonchalantly, though he was still hanging from the roof.

"I saw my dad leave twenty minutes ago. Dispatch called. They're bringing in every officer from the Beacon Department, and even state police." He explained rather vaguely.

"For what?"

"Two joggers found a body in the woods." He stated casually, before jumping from the roof. He landed ungracefully, almost eliciting a laugh from the McCall.

"A dead body?" Scott asked dumbly, blinking a couple times to make sure he heard correctly.

"No. A body of water." He stated sarcastically. Classic Stiles, "Yes, dumbass, a dead body."

"You mean, like, murdered?" Scott reaffirmed, Stiles nodding while grinning manically.

"Nobody knows yet. Just that it was a girl, probably in her 20s."

"Hold on, if they found the body, then what are they looking for?" Scott thought out loud, confusing washing over his features.

He smiled, "That's the best part." He paused, smiling almost sadistically. "They only found half."

"We're going." The pale boy stated, not taking no for an answer. Scott grimaced at the command.