18

「EIGHTEEN」

「EIGHTEEN」

: ̗̀➛☽︎

AS SOON AS THE JEEP PULLED UP TO THE HIGH SCHOOL, ADELYN WAS OUT OF IT. Stiles followed, but was very far behind. She rushed towards the locker room, eager to tell Scott what had happened. When she arrived, the door was open. Scott was sitting there looking shocked. 

"Scott?" Her voice came out soft and worried. She didn't know what had happened, but-from Scott's expression-she could tell it wasn't good. "What happened?"

"Peter." Scott had said this, but if she didn't have supernatural hearing she wouldn't have heard it. "Derek's with him."

"What? No, he was fighting him at the hospital." Adelyn's voice trailed off as she considered that Derek had turned against them.

Of course, he would. They were family. Scott, Stiles, and herself were just teenagers he had to put up with.

Still, the betrayal caused an unknown pain in her chest. Quick footsteps came up to the locker room, they had already recognized them as Stiles'. "We have a problem." Stiles stated, short of breath.

"Trust me, I know." Scott's reply was short as he slowly stood. "Peter stopped by." Stiles' eyes widened, curious as to what went down. Scott started speaking before he even had the chance to ask. "He wants me to help him. He showed me why he was doing this, like the fire." Scott's heart skipped a beat, causing Adelyn's eyebrows to furrow. She made note of it, but decided not to ask.

Scott went around to his locker and started to change out of the towel he was in. They all sat in silence, not really knowing what to do now.

All they knew is that they were on their own.

: ̗̀➛☽︎

Scott and Stiles had gone to help Jackson as Argent had been following him. They were nervous, considering Argent suspected him to be the second beta. Allison and Lydia had been in the woods, as Allison was curious about the arrowhead she found. Adelyn was looking for Derek, hoping he would be alone. She made her way to the Hale house and was relieved when she only heard one heartbeat.

"Does Scott know you're here?" She heard a voice come from inside. She slowly made her way to the front door, opening it.

"No, does he need to know?" She rebuked, her voice coming out more upset than she had intended.

Derek appeared at the top of the staircase. "I guess not." He sighed, seeing Adelyn's expression. He immediately knew she was pissed off. "I also guess you're not happy."

"What gave it away, Derek?" She replied, as the Hale came down the stairs. "I can't believe you." 

"He didn't mean to, Adelyn-" Derek tried to reason, but stopped when her expression softened.