20

「TWENTY」

「TWENTY」

: ̗̀➛☽︎

"I THOUGHT IT TOLD YOU TO PICK ME UP AT SIX?" Adelyn gave Scott a grin as she rolled down the window. He rolled his eyes, adjusting the tie around his neck, then he opened the passenger-side door.

"My mom needed the car, I'm sorry-" He paused when he actually looked her. "Oh."

"What? I know, I don't wear this much makeup a lot, but Lydia told me she wanted me to, so I just-" The words just rattled on, Scott shutting her up with a look. She closed her lips tightly. "Sorry, I'm just nervous about tonight. So many things could go wrong-"

"Adelyn, you look great." He smiled awkwardly, cutting her off before she began to ramble once again. He had really never seen her so dressed up before, from curled hair to perfectly painted nails. Scott really thought the girl was beautiful normally, so seeing her like this was like a truck had hit him. He didn't say anything else, only admiring the girl's face.

Adelyn coughed, her cheeks turning pink. "Thanks, you don't look so bad yourself." Scott laughed as Addy pulled the car away from his house. 

They started discussing ways Scott could sneak in, avoiding silence at all costs. "I was thinking the roof, you know. It would be easy and I'd probably go unnoticed."

Addy tilted her head, "Just don't get caught by Finstock. Do you have a plan for if he sees you?" Scott slowly nodded, but refused to tell her that plan. "Well, as long as it works, I guess."

"It will, trust me." Adelyn scrunched up her nose a little bit, not liking the sound of that at all. They sat there for a moment, neither really knowing what to say next. Scott snuck glances at her every couple of seconds, thinking of what he should say next.

"Are you okay?" The girl asked, breaking the deafening silence. Scott raised his eyebrows. "Your heart rate increased. I wasn't sure if I should ask or not, but here we are." The Tate giggled at Scott's expression.

"You're already better at being a werewolf than I am. Totally unfair." The boy grumbled, annoyed that she got her powers after him and still some how knew how to use them more.

"Okay, well, you totally dodged my question. If you don't want to talk about it, that's okay." She sighed, "You know you can tell me anything at this point and I won't think you're crazy. We're way passed crazy."

"Addy, you know I didn't just ask you to the dance because I needed a date, right?" Scott questioned, Stiles' words still bouncing around in his head. Now that he had pointed it out, Scott felt the need to clear the air. This time, it was her turn for the heart rate increase. This, and the given silence that followed the question, gave Scott his answer. "I didn't. I would have asked you even if I weren't a werewolf right now." He declared.

"Well, to clear things up, I like you too." Adelyn's face reddened as the words fell from her lips. 

"I hoped so." Scott laughed, trying to ease her growing nerves. "After this is over, would you like to go on an actual date? I'd say this is our first one, but we have to watch people all night to make sure they don't get killed so-"