Cleansing the soul..

Avni was not just shocked. She was devastated to see Neil like this. She rushed ahead and held Neil's face in her hands. When neil didn't say anything she looked at DD.

Avni -"kya Hua Neil ko? Itna..itna khoon.."( What happened to neil. Why so much blood)

DD didn't know who avni was but he knew his sir trusted her with his life and this was enough for now.

DD -"ma'am. Aaj ek bahut bada police operation tha jo Neil sir lead Kar rahe the. Usi mein.. But don't worry. This is not his blood. I think he just wanted to come to you. Ma'am main aapko nahi jaanta par itna samajh Chuka hoon ki aap sir ki life mein bahut important hain. Now I know why he's so happy in these last few days, which is something I haven't seen in past few months!"(Today a big police operation happened that Neil sir led. Due to that only..ma'am i don't know you but I have understood that you're very important in sirs life.)

Avni -"I'm ananya. Neil is a..is my very close friend. DD thanks for taking care of him. Leave him with me for tonight.."

DD -"par madam. Itna khoon.. Aap kaise sambhaloge. Will you not feel afraid or need help with it?"( But madam. So much blood. How will u handle)

Something in Avni's eyes went cold at this as she said in a monotone -"I'm no stranger to blood "DD looked at her and saw a strong girl and complete care in her eyes for Neil. DD nodded in understanding and looked one last time at Neil before leaving. Neil had led the operation very courageously but he was burnt out for the day or  maybe for some days. Neil looked like he's seen death many times over the last few hours and has now come to the one person he is most vulnerable with, as his last wish.

DD helped Neil to the living room couch and then closed the door softly as he left.

Avni was already wearing her white lace nightwear when neil had come. She now  looked at Neil and his state. First she made him sit and checked thoroughly whether he was hurt. Luckily apart from a few very minor scratches, Neil was not hurt. He was still sitting on the sofa looking very  tired. He was looking down at the floor, somewhat incapable of taking any decision right  now. Avni then took his hands in hers and lifted his face so that she caught his sad eyes.

Avni -"Neil tum mere pass aaye ho aisi haalat mein. That means only one thing. That you trust me. And that's enough for me for tonight. Now I'll request you to let me lead the way and to just follow what I say.."( Neil you've come to me in this condition.)

Neil didn't respond but put his hand above hers quietly.

Avni took Neil to the bathroom. Then she asked him to take a shower. Avni was afraid to leave Neil alone in this state. There was a sliding glazed glass partition in the bathroom which separated the bath area from the rest of the bathroom. Avni closed that partition and patiently waited on the other side. In the translucent glass she could see Neil's hazy but  lean silhouette while taking the shower. In between she saw neil holding his head for quite sometime and all she wanted to do was to go in and comfort him but this was a line she couldn't cross right now.

Avni saw blood flowing out on the floor. Infact the entire water that was flowing off Neil was making the floor red. Only when avni saw clear water coming to the floor did she knock on the partition.

Avni -"Neil..ye towel le lo upar se and come out. I'll take care.."(Take this towel from above and come out)

Neil came out with towel wrapped around. Avni took his hand and brought him out to the bed. She then dried his hair. Neil was looking and hopefully feeling much better now that the blood and black stains of smoke and ash were washed off from him.

Avni went to her cupboard and gave him very old male pyjamas. Neil took it but Avni could see a slight question in his otherwise tired eyes that whose were these. She understood and took his face in her hands -"Neil. Just trust me. Main Sab kuch bataungi par later. Abhi your comfort is my only focus!"(Ill tell u everything but later. Right now your comfort is my only focus)

She then left the room and allowed Neil to change. When she came back, Neil had lied down on the bed in a half sitting position with the help of a few pillows. He was clearly very tired. Avni had a mug of hot something in her hands. She held it to neil who took it and smelled it. Then he sipped some.

Neil's eyes closed, half in tiredness and half in comfort and pleasure. It was well made steaming mug of cocoa. As he took another sip avni quipped -"arre. Bahut bhookhe ho tum. Mujhe to offer hi nahi kiya"(You're very hungry! Didn't offer me!)

Neil finally smiled at this and gave her the cup which she sipped. Neil looked at her and his next sip was from the exact same spot where avni had touched her lips to the mug. Avni was touched by this and felt warm from the inside. This guy was something else. He made her feel things when she had lost feelings long back...

Neil on the other hand was seeing nothing but his angel. The one person whom he wanted to see after having seen death from very close quarters..

The mug of cocoa was forgotten as avni hugged Neil. What happened next was expected as neil hugged get back and buried his face by the side of ananya's neck. And he kept on holding her for dear life...

Avni removed his pillows and put him back on the bed so that he was lying down comfortably. Then she got up and switched off the main lights so that only night light was on. Neil expected ananya  to leave after this but he felt her coming on the bed and by his side. She held his arm in hers as she spoke.

Avni -"aaj main tumhare saath rehna chahti hoon.  I just cannot leave you alone. I don't care Kaun kya sochega and Kal kya hoga. But at this moment I'll do anything to comfort you Neil"( Today i want to stay with you. I don't care what people think and what happens tomorrow.)

Neil was a bit overwhelmed at this. He still hadn't called off his engagement but he wanted to marry only ananya. This was the girl he loved and who was selflessly taking care of him. He wanted nothing else but this moment to freeze and him to rest in ananya's Arms. Neil again put his face in ananya's neck and she hugged him from the front, comforting him by caressing his back and head. Just the way Neil had comforted her when they were trapped in the rains and when ananya was trapped in her past memories and needed Neil.

Neil couldn't contain himself now, the tension that had built up at work today broke him down . Avni felt  Neil shivering a little against her as he felt his silent tears dripping on her neck.

Avni immediately took his face in her hands and kissed him, on the lips. Neil stopped in shock. And then he lightly kissed her back. And they held each other. After an eternity of holding each other, Neil wanted to say something -"ananya...kya tum mujhse.."(Ananya. Do you..)

Something inside avni broke right then and she said -"nahi " (No) as her face looked down. Neil's shoulders dropped down at this as he said -"I'm sorry. I knew ki tum mujhse pyaar nahi Karti "( I know you don't love me)

But Avni looked at him again, with a look that seemed to be fighting something inside herself as she whispered in such a low voice that Neil almost thought he had heard wrong -"nahi. Mera naam ananya nahi.."(No. My name is not Ananya)