Epilogue

Hi guys. Thought will write just a bit more to this one :) enjoy...
------------

Neil had given avni everything she had dreamed of in a life partner and much more. After they had come closer to each other in the countryside cottage, they had lived a blissful one week in Neil's apartment before Neil and avni decided they wanted to live with the family.

The decision was easy to make. Neil saw Avni's happiness with him. But he also saw she got wistful when thinking about a distant past sometimes. Mostly she used to miss her now dead mothers, ayesha who have her birth and Neela who supported her like her own daughter!

Neil wanted avni to have all the happiness in this life. And he realised he was only one part of her life. She had always wanted what she could never have, a complete family. And so Neil took up the subject with avni one evening as she was lying down in his arms and he was kissing her head.  Avni listened to what neil was proposing and hugged him. Next day they moved in khanna house, the erstwhile Mehta mansion.

As they entered, Prakash and Bebe, Neil's dad and his grand ma welcomed them with a traditional Aarti. Shweta was there but standing much behind, her arms folded across her chest haughtily.

As avni and neil bent down to touch bebes feet, she pulled avni up and hugged her. Avni hugged her back emotionally. Prakash and neil smiled. Neil took a chance by bringing avni back to his family as he knew his mom Shweta would create issues in their lives in future as well as she hated her daughter in law. But he also knew his grand ma bebe was capable of infinite love. And he wanted avni to have a grand mothers love! She deserved to see the goodness of mankind after getting shot at the hands of her biological paternal grand mom, the monster called dayawanti Mehta.

Bebe broke the hug. Both her and Avni's eyes were teary. Only unmoved person in the room was Shweta who was yawning at this boring display of affection. Even their maid bheemas eyes were moist at this reunion..

Bebe -"avni beta. I give you my word. I'll stand between any trouble that comes to disturb you. I'll give you a real grand mom's love. Wo kya kehte hain - picture perfect life hogi ab" ( You'll have a perfect life now)

Everyone smiled affectionately at this. Avni and neil stepped inside. Avni had some issue with her sari getting stuck in her sandal. As soon as neil saw it he bent and separated the tangle. And also he touched her feet in a very accidental yet lingering manner. Avni felt the thrill already and already started missing their alone time.

Someone cleared their throat. It was Prakash.

Neil immediately retracted his hand and stood up.

Prakash -" bhai Agar tum log ek do din Aur akele mein bitana chahte ho to.."( If you guys want to spend some more lone time..)

Bebe joined Prakash in pulling their leg -"haan sunny. Seems a week was not enough for them!" (Yes..)

Neil and avni went red in their face.

Neil mumbled something as avni said loudly -"no no. Dad we are most happy to finally be back.!" Neil started to pick up the luggage to take it to their room upstairs. Bebe stopped him.

Bebe -"arre ye kya. Neil samaan chodo and take your wife upstairs "(What's this. Neil leave luggage and..)

Neil and avni looked confused and then bebe explained the family tradition that they had not fulfilled before. Where newly Wed husband takes his wife to her room in his arms, bridal style.

So a merrily obedient Neil flexed his muscles and picked up avni, though not without some effort. She was pretty strong, and somewhat chubby as well! Neil then took her upstairs to the room and finally kept her on their bed. He then climbed on her and started kissing her.
Avni pushed him away scandalised -"Neil!!! The rooms door is open!"

Neil mumbled -"Someone will come and get embarrassed and close it themselves!" And continued kissing his wifey.

Avni insisted and pushed him away. She wanted to be rather safe than sorry and avoid a potentially extremely embarrassing situation!

She ran and closed the door and then turned towards Neil.

Neil took one look at her eyes and smiled. She was truly happy. Like a child who had finally got all the treasures they had dreamed of!

He wished he would be able to keep her happy and smiling like this all their lives together. He loved his girl.