Skeletons

Avni kept on sitting for a long time after Neil left. And she rationalized what had happened..

She had known Neil to be the best of men. That such a thing happened was not in his control. Juhi resurfaced after her supposed death. This was not caused by Neil. But what happens next will be controlled by him..

Avni had some insecurities embedded deep inside her. That she was always second choice. That she was not good enough for anyone in her life. That she was inauspicious, people died around her..and maybe, maybe dead people became alive. Skeletons from past resurface..

Avni thought of Neil and the pain on his face. And she swore one thing. That she will support him. In whatever he wants. But there's one thing she won't be. She won't be his second choice. Or anyone's second choice. That much she owed herself. And to the memories of her mother...

She then got and dressed up, took her keys and left that apartment, to a destination unknown to her as well. She just wanted to not be in the same room with Neil's memories at that time..

Neil was a very rational person. In every situation he had a practical solution available. But today he was clueless. He wished he became a child and didn't have to take decisions anymore. He wished someone decided it for him, this time, only this one time..

Neil got down at the police station. The breeze ruffled his hair further but he didn't care how he looked. He entered and DD met him at the entrance.

DD saw neil and knew that he had to prepare him first.

DD -"sir.. Aap juhi madam se milein usse pehle wanted to discuss.."(Before you meet juhi I wanted to discuss something..)

Neil -"DD... Main abhi kuch baat karne ki position mein nahi hoon "(I'm not in a position to discuss anything presently)

DD -"sir how's avni bhabhi.."

Neil -"DD..pls...leave me alone "

DD went quiet after that and led him to his cabin where a semi veiled woman was sitting. Neil walked inside with DD. DD remained at the door, he didn't leave the room. He knew he should've left Neil alone and respected his privacy. But DD knew what was more important. He had seen Neil when he joined police force after juhis supposed demise and he had seen Neil with avni bhabhi. He knew somehow inside him that what was right for Neil. He only hoped that Neil knew it as well. If not now then as soon as possible!