Routine

Avni rested her hand on the back of Neil's head and they stood like that. After sometime they'd breakfast and coffee. They spent the morning joking and fooling around. Neil had taken personal leave from office. After the events of past few days, his superior had asked him to take care and take some time off to recover from everything. Anyways neil had solved the big case of involving raghu pandit and his promotion was set for the year.

So here Neil was, teasing avni about how she had changed him from a workaholic to a lethargic. Avni of course protested her innocence.

Later in the afternoon, Neil wanted to go eat out. Avni agreed as they'd been surviving mostly on home food deliveries and take aways. They knew it was a temporary arrangement till they shift into the erstwhile Mehta mansion with entire khanna family.

Once neil sat in the car he turned towards avni and said -"Kahan chalna Hai? Ab ye mat bolna ki chamko Cafe!"(Where do you want to go? Now don't say chamko Cafe!)

Avni stared at him -"first you presume to know what I might want. Secondly you pass judgment on that. Tum hi Bata do ki Mujhe Kahan jaana Hai phir!"(You only tell me where I might want to go then)

Neil -"arre sweetheart. Tum to gussa ho gayi " (You for angry) and then smiled with all his teeth out. Clearly he was enjoying this.

Avni -"actually let's go to that Cafe where we went for our first coffee date!"

Neil -"so you agree we were dating then!"

Avni -"Neil!! Chalna Hai to Chalo nahi to you'll get more Poha for lunch!"(If you want to come then come else you'll get more poha for lunch)

Neil looked scared at this for a change and started the car. They soon reached the cafe and went hand in hand there. They ordered some food and chatted while waiting. Neil and avni were so involved in their talks that they didn't notice who all were around them.

After some time avni wanted to use the washroom and she left the seat. Neil was whiling away time till she joined him back when he suddenly heard someone clearing their throat.

He looked up to see a sad looking riya standing above him.

Riya -"hi Neil. Hope im not disturbing you.."

Neil kept quiet. He was not interested in riya but he was interested in why she was here talking to him of all people. Neil had just yesterday made her homeless and sent her grandmother to prison.

Riya continued -"neil. I saw you here and thought I should explain but... Actually Neil I'm sorry for what dadi did. You know her right. When she asked me to talk to Shweta aunty about where avni was then i had no clue dadi wanted to hurt avni. Else i swear Neil I wouldn't have done that.."(Dadi =grand ma)

Neil was not convinced. But there was no Harm in giving a fake smile to riya. Neil was a very diplomatic man -"its OK riya. Hope you're more careful in the future "

At this moment avni came out of the restroom and stopped to see Neil talking to riya.

Riya suddenly put her hand on Neil's shoulder and said -"thanks Neil. I knew it ki koi Aur samjhe na samjhe, but you'll definitely understand me! Also I wanted to discuss a finding with you..something I heard dadi say.."( I know even if no one else understands, you'll definitely understand me..)

Avni found it weird that riya did this and neil did not react by pushing her hand away. From where she was avni could not hear anything but she could see what was happening.

Suddenly avni realised that Neil's not at fault here. He's just being nice to riya in a public setting. So she got a hold of her emotions and walked upto the table.

Neil saw avni coming back and was relieved. He was frankly not interested in wasting his time talking to riya.

Neil smiling -"hey you're back. So riya was just leaving!"

And turning to riya he said -"why don't you come to my office couple of days later and we will discuss what you heard!"

Riya smiled and then said -"sure Neil. I remember your office Ofcourse. Should I come to the same Cafe where you used to come to our dates when we were getting closer?"

Then she looked at Avni she said -"oh God. I'm so sorry guys. Don't know how it slipped from my mouth. Im just so clumsy. Neil anyways knows this!"

Saying this she left.

And as she turned she gave a wicked smile. Her plan was in action.