Fear

Hello people.. Updating this unexpectedly. got some time and put this in.. Enjoy ! :)

-------------

Avni was quiet. She was scared but she spoke again to know more about the situation - " Vikram. What do you mean? Is that servant still there to keep tabs on Neil?"

Vikram spoke quietly but with a gleeful glint in his eye - "No the servant is dead. After being paid only to make you unconscious and hand you over to me.. He decided to make a go for it while you were out of your senses. He tried to rape you.. People not following orders makes me angry.."

"..Oh are you shivering Avni ? Well.. don't! No one is interested in raping you here.. We just want to keep you alive till Neil comes here looking for you.. and then we will kill both of you. It is just business, no hard feelings I hope!"

Avni - "just to be clear. you killed that servant not because he was about to rape me. but as he was not listening to your orders?"

Vikram did not reply. Just smiled and checked his watch and realized that it was late. He then left the hut.

Avni thought quickly. There was not much she could do. She did not know how to escape in tht dark room and if she escaped then how to go back to Jaguda and to Neil. She knew Neil would find her, as Vikram meant Neil to find her! But she also knew that Neil would be walking into Vikram's trap who had captured her just to kill Neil. She decided her strength would be required if she needed to run, and all she can do now is to rest. So she tried and slept fitfully.

Neil on the other hand did not dream of sleeping. He , DD and rest of the police team were searching like mad for clues as to where Avni could have been.

At around ten in the night DD came running to Neil with a report.

DD - "Sir.. servant ke village ka pata chal gaya hai! He is from a remote village around two hours by car" (we know which village the servant was from..)

Neil went through the details. He could not be sure that Avni was taken to same village, but definitely there had to be some connection.

DD continued - "Sir.. one more thing. The servant had bribed to enter the police !"

Neil - "Bring his recruiter to me right now"

In sometime the inspector who had recruited that errant servant was in front of Neil.

The inspector was worried about his job and really fearful of Neil's angry young man reputation!

He was shivering when Neil kept his hand on his shoulder to steady him. And then he asked DD to leave the room. DD did so hesitantly, he was not sure what Neil would do. Neil was clearly losing stability!

Neil - "Inspector.. listen to me very carefully. I will not repeat myself again. Main pagal ho raha hoon." (I am going mad)

The inspector was surprised, he looked at Neil. He maybe started relaxing a little. And then Neil did something.

His grip on the inspector's shoulder increased, so much so that inspector could have screamed in pain. He was too afraid to scream however.

And now Neil spoke again - "As I said I am going mad. Meri biwi ko le gaye hain wo log. Jaante ho usse kitna pyaar karta hoon. They want to pain me through my wife. And guess what , they are winning ! " (they have taken my wife. do you know how much  i love her?)

Inspector's face was now covered with beads of sweat. He was shaking again.

NEil snarled this time - "I do not give a damn about anything anymore. I can kill them.." and then he hissed in the inspector's ear "I can kill youuuuu..."

Inspector broke down crying - " Sir .. mujhe maaf kar do.. pls sir i got greedy. I started taking bribes. I will tell you everything I know about that servant. I checked his papers at the time of recruitment. It seems he came from a very suspicious belt. His village was in the hard core Naxal area. So he bribed me. He said he really needed to get in the force. I took pity on him.. but mainly i was greedy. I am sorry.. I am sorry "(forgive me ..)

He then started crying. Neil shouted DD to come back in. DD who was anyways standing right at the door came barging in.

Neil , composed now - "Take him away. Put him to rot in a jail till I have time to deal again with him"

DD did as told.

Neil thought now. He knew servant's village. He also knew that the person Vikram caught in CCTV who took her away looked quite suave and was well educated as well. In fact his photo match results had come out as one of the main Naxal commanders in that area. He used to be a student leader who had run disillusioned and now become a Naxalite to follow his ideals.

Neil now knew that this was revenge. He had encountered some major people in Vikram's Naxal gang some weeks ago. This was payback. Neil looked with blood in his eyes.. He will give payback to Vikram and his gang who dared touch his wife.