Small things

Hey all ! - Glad to announce that this story is now #104 in Romance category. This is so much fun :) Also thanks for the nice supportive PMs from some :)

Looking forward to more votes and comments and also to continue enjoying writing this!!

----------------------------------------------------

Neil helped Avni out of the car and then supported her till the lift. He had not brought anyone here before. It was a small apartment overlooking the sea. It had been a gift from his parents and he had always used it as his personal thinking space. What now seemed a long time ago, but was just months back, Neil had used his apartment to mourn his fiance Juhi's death. Incidentally he could never ever get Juhi to this apartment as well!

Neil locked the car and then took Avni's suitcase and went inside the lift with her. He pressed the button for top but one floor, which is where his flat was. It was very breezy and pleasant year around with fresh sea smell that can be recognized by any person who has ever been to the sea!

Avni entered the apartment behind Neil and Neil made her stand while he quickly went about the room adjusting various articles that were lying around. Neil liked to keep his apartment tidy but he could never match a girl's hygiene standards and he knew that! Avni smiled seeing this and saved Neil more efforts -"Neil its ok! I am not your mom that I will chide you for untidy room! Lets get settled now"

Neil smiled sheepishly at this. He forbade Avni from doing any work at all!

Avni was a bit confused - "To main apna samaan kaise lagaungi!" (How will I arrange put my luggage in the room?!)

Neil - "Main lagaunga ofcourse! I will arrange everything Avni." (I'll!)

Avni was a bit red in the face at this as the luggage had personal articles as well. But she realised that Neil was so functionally practical and he is right! Since he packed her bag, he can arrange it as well!

As Neil set about doing this, Avni thought of freshening up. She had not washed her face since ever now as it was addled with wounds but now she wanted to check and set it better. She went into the washroom as the hospital washroom did not have any mirror and the nurse only helped her with everything.

Neil was busy adjusting stuff and was almost done when he felt something was wrong. He looked around to see Avni in the washroom and waited a bit. When she did not come out in about two minutes he went and knocked. Still no response. Neil tried to listen in now. He was ever so slightly worried, although Avni had looked right but she was still weak and had been heavily sedated not too long back!

Upon concentrating Neil could hear light sobbing noise. He immediately knocked harder at the bathroom door - "AVNI! Are you ok? Avni kholo darwaza.." (Open the door)

Avni immediately went silent inside. After sometime she opened the door. Neil could see she had cried and still one or two tears would escape her eyes! Neil immediately walked close up to her and kept his hands on her shoulders.. - "Kya hua baby? All well?.."(What happened)

Avni did not say anything, just kept her head down. Then another tear escaped her eyes that Neil carefully wiped off from her cheek - "Dekho Avni. It is not healthy for you to be crying like this. If you did not like anything tell me! Did you not like the fact that I got you here? Aur koi problem hai ..? Are you not comfortable?" (See avni...any other problem?)

Avni shook her head slowly - "Nahi Neil.. I am sorry I worried you.. It is just that. That I saw my face .. First time after all that.. I did not know I looked so ..."

Neil heaved a sigh of relief. Of course it had been a shock for him to see all those injuries on his wife's body. It is obvious that Avni had not had a chance before this to see. Her face looked even worse that it did on day one as swelling always goes up on second and third day in such kinds of injuries and bruises change color to become darker, before they lighten up and vanish in a few days!

Neil said - "Avni.. sab thik ho jayega.. You should not take any tension.. Doctor said that.."( All will get k)

Avni - "Neil I look so horrible! And they hit so much! No wonder it was paining like death itself. Mujhe akele chodd do, tum jao.." (Leave me alone. You go)

Neil held her shoulders more assertively this time - "Nahi.. nahi jaunga. I will not leave you alone Avni. That is why I brought you here. To stay here without any worries and to recover quickly. Not to worry about some issues that are non-existent.. You look just fine baby! And ye sab thik ho jayega! Haan there might be some battle scars left, but it will just show how brave my wifey was!" (Ill not leave....all will be OK K..)

Avni sobered down a little at this assurance from Neil. She had just panicked on seeing her swollen and blotchy face!

Neil realised he was holding her shoulders a little too tight still and left them! He then told Avni he will get some dinner for them after some coffee. He offered to give her some turmeric milk for healing but she made such a face at it that Neil thought better to give her something that she will actually drink!

Neil then left for getting food for them. He had thought of getting something healthy packed from a local restaurant and told Avni he will be back in about 30 - 40 minutes! While waiting for Neil, Avni looked around the apartment and found it to be very cute.. It was impeccably decorated and had a smart looking window that opened up to provide a sea view and lots of breeze. Avni preferred this so she opened the window and set about making the apartment look a little better!

Suddenly the doorbell rang and Avni walked to the door thought of opening it before Neil did and surprising him. She opened it smiling (or what to her smile was) and then got a shock herself..