CHAPTER-FIVE: DEBRIEFING, PART ONE

PART ONE: REVELATIONS

DEBRIEFING

©2017, Olan L. Smith

"Okay, Doctor, you have my attention. What should I do?"

"First, I need to know everything that has happened to you that would cause this, Mr. President."

"I am sorry Doc, but I can't tell you that, so you will have to work with what you see. Besides, if I told you I would have to have you killed. What is your first impression, and what can you tell me at this minute?"

"Well, Mr. President you are suffering from some type of rapid aging disease or condition, and some cases are documented. Usually, after something like this happens to a person your age, he or she has suffered some type of extreme shock to their system. Meaning this could be emotional, physical, or a medical condition such as radiation poisoning. It might explain the slight glow you have to your face."

"So, what is it, doc? What do you think has happened to me?"

"Well, in laymen's terms, you are aging faster because every cell in your body is damaged, and somehow all of your telomeres in each cell are unraveling. It could be a change in your genome where your liver can no longer filter a toxin such as copper, which causes Wilson's disease, but I have already run the tests on your liver years ago, and it showed no signs then that you have Wilson disease. If you did, your eyes and skin would have a copper tone, instead of this weird glow. It could be some type of new cancer, which ravages the body in hours; maybe some alien shot you with a death ray, or simply, God decided it is time for you to pass. It could be someone has poisoned you with trace amounts of radioactive material. Now, we can play twenty questions while you die in front of my eyes, or you can trust me and tell me exactly what has happened to you so I can start treatment."

"I will tell you some possibilities, and then you can ask questions if you want. First, it could be radiation, and well – I have no other thoughts about it. You will have to tell me what other possibilities are out there."

"Have you been exposed, knowingly, to radiation?"

"No, not to my knowledge," he watched as the doctor reached into one of his drawers and pulled out some type of device.

He held the device up to the President and ran it around his body. "No, you do not have any radiation poisoning as far as this device can measure. How long ago did you think this happened to you?"

"Four hours ago, a little after noon."

"That recently? I need to draw some blood and check your telomeres and rush the results, in the meantime, we do have anti-aging drugs that should slow your aging. Then I need to check for trace amounts of radiation levels in your blood. It would have to be something really potent to cause you to age this quickly."

"How long will this take and when can you have me functioning at my best?"

"We know vitamin D is an anti-aging agent, and will help to slow the deterioration of your telomeres. We also have a vast array of Alzheimer's medication to help your brain from deteriorating. The side effects will be minimal, upset stomach mainly. But until we get you stabilized we need to hospitalize you so you can rest. Every bit of energy you use destroys your cells, and from what I see, your body is no longer producing new cells."