Chapter 9

Chapter 9

When Myles pulled up to his house Lianne was standing outside. Myles ran out of the car assuming she urgently needed him. "Is she okay? What's wrong?" She smiled and touched his arm. "Relax, Myles" I was watching her touch his arm making sure she didn't get too happy. "She's fine It's just a beautiful day, I didn't want to stay inside." She looked behind him and smiled brightly at me. I wouldn't be worried if she wasn't so pretty. Long dark brown hair and hazel eyes, she was obviously mixed with something and I knew what those things were: too, damn and cute. "Hey Lianne!" I said hugging her fakely. She hugged me back and we all walked inside. "Hey momma!" Myles said walking into his mothers room and hugging her, I always wanted a picture of them hugging it was so sweet to see. "Hey baby." She said kissing his cheek. "Hey momma Montaire." I smiled walking over to her giving her a hug as well. "Hey honey, how are you?" I assumed she saw my lip and was concerned. "Just a little accident is all, but I'm fine. How are you?" I asked wanting to change the subject. "I'm still here so I'm fine love." She was so positive, it reminded me so much of Darii. "Lianne, can you bring my babies some chairs please." Everyone was calling me baby today, I was so happy. Lianne nodded and brought in two rolly chairs, I was even more excited. "Why did Lianne call me, mom?" Myles asked, holding my chair still and helping me into mine, unnecessarily. "Because a familiar face came by today." Myles and I looked at each other and then back at her. "Who ma?" She smiled "Sean baby." Why the hell was she happy about that? Myles put his head down and faked a smile. "Oh yea? How is he? I don't see him in school anymore I think he transfered." I was so damn lost. "He says he still goes there and sees you all the time." He looked down. "I never see him mom." She looked over at me and smiled."He seems to have quite a bit to say about you as well, you're his little girlfriend from what I hear." Myles and I both said I wasn't his girlfriend at the same time and looked at each other smiling. His mother saw. "Oh. It seems like you two are boyfriend and girlfriend, huh?" Her and I laughed, it was a funny joke. "We are." Myles said staring at his mom and then turning to me. We both stopped laughing and I cleared my throat. "Uh, what?" I looked at his mom and smiled weakly. "I mean that is of course if she wants to be." I smiled "Ye-yes of course." He rolled over and kissed my forehead and I laughed. "Well I'm glad I have gotten to be a part of your life somehow, I got to meet your girlfriend before anyone else!" Montaire said and I got up and hugged her. Lianne came in almost out of nowhere "Ms. Watson, did you need any water or anything?" We all looked at her because she sounded agitated. "Uh, no baby. Thank you though." "You're welcome!" She said and I could feel her eyes on the back of my head. We stayed for only a few more minutes then we said our goodbyes and headed to the mall. 

King of Prussia was a big mall so I was glad we made it there by 10. We walked to Nordstrom and Charlotte Russe and somehow ended up at Lids. "You don't need another damn hat." I said trying some on my head. "The way you putting them on you don't need one either." I laughed and continued trying to find one that matched my dress. I finally found one and walked over to him on the other hat wall. "The girlfriend says this is the one." He looked at me like I was crazy, probably because He thought the white and yellow hat was for him. "I wouldn't wear that if you paid me." I smiled "Good thing it's for me and not you." He picked up a hat from the second to tallest shelf. "You want it?" I nodded eagerly and we walked to the register. The guy talked his usual 'salesman jargon' and I listened intently. Myles handed the man his card and elbowed my arm. "You're already getting used to the girlfriend title I see." He said smiling and I blushed. "If you want," I said as I grabbed the hat back and waved goodbye to the man "I can stop using it, maybe even have the title changed to ex." I joked. "Nah, you don't have to do allat!" We laughed and went to the food court. "What are you eating?" He asked me as we looked around lost in a sea of people. "Whatever I decide to pay for." He grabbed my finger to stop me from walking so fast. "I'm paying for it." I looked him up and down "No, it's okay I am. You just bought me this hat that I didn't need." As I pointed to my head. "You wanted it so I bought it." He smiled. "Yea well I want a koala bear but they're expensive and illegal." I laughed joking. "Then I'll right a check and send a letter to Obama." We both laughed and I walked towards Subway and he went to Suki Hana. When we finally found a seat, which took perfect timing by the way, we sat down and started eating."So.." I started and he looked up at me. "Your mom must have a really big heart if she can forgive Sean for killing your brother, huh?" Myles looked down at his food and played with his fork. After a minute I smacked his hand and smiled. "What is it?" He sighed, put his fork down and put his hands together. "I never told my mom Sean is the one who killed Mion." My jaw literally dropped and he closed it with his hand. "What do you mean? Why wouldn't you tell her?" I stopped biting my sandwich. "Cus' man she was really close to Sean. He was literally like one of her own and she loved him to death. I couldn't tell her she killed his baby boy she'd lose it. Plus she's not in the best condition I didn't want anything to make that worse." I held his hand over the table. "I'm sorry baby. I know you hate lying to her." He nodded. "I really do but I hate seeing her hurt much more." I kept rubbing his hand trying to comfort him.