Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Myles and I had been at the height of our relationship for the past month and a half now. We hung out nearly everyday, I visited his mother and as for sex... Let's just say I was busy every night. We were going to have a lunch date today with his mother but his mother didn't want to after she took one of her pills, they made her so tired. So he and I were going to be a duo instead of a trio. "Where do you want to go babe?" He asked through the phone as I put eyeliner on. "Uhhhh.... Definately somewhere new. Let's just drive to a different country!" I joked and he laughed "I don't have gas money for Brazil babe." He said and I giggled "Okay... Hey! What about City Tap House?" I said finally using my brain "Isn't that way out in Philly baby?" He asked, sounding busy as well. "Well, yea... but I me--" He cut me off "Sounds great. I'll be there in like ten. Love you." I smiled but couldn't return the kind words "See you in ten." I hung up and my head was swollen with thoughts of regret. Maybe I should have said I loved him back, or maybe I was right to not tell him that if I didn't feel it. Truth was, I didn't know if I loved him or not but I know I wanted to. I still didn't know if I was even officially single either. I could have been cheating on Chiaz for the past few weeks and I hadn't even thought about it. I laughed to myself at the crazy thought. Chiaz was a gorgeous man, I'm sure he's found himself someone he really wanted anyways. He hasn't tried to talk to me so I could care less!

When Myles knocked on my door I tried to contain my excitement. I opened it and smiled real big. "Hey baby!" I said wrapping my arms around his neck to hug him and he hugged my waist. "Hey love. You ready?" I nodded my head yes and we left. When we arrived at the restaurant I automatically felt like I didn't fit in. Many people were much more dressed up than I was and Myles could tell by the look on my face. "Relax. If you want, we can change and come back. I can tell our dress game isn't up to par apparently, according to you." I smiled at him because he knew me so well. "Can we please? Besides, I have the perfect outfit anyways!" He laughed and we hopped back in the car to go home. He dropped me off at my house and he left to go change as well. I must have been either hungry or excited becuase I left my phone on my bed. I had a missed call and a voicemail.... From Sean. I wasn't too thrilled to see it.. But I listened to the voicemail. All I could hear was crying and sounds of a struggle. Then I heard Sean say "I'll see you Saturday babe." And the message went off. It almost sounded like Shae crying, but I highly doubted it... But I know where I'd be Saturday, to find out of course. I walked into my room and picked out my cute dress that I had never worn from my shopping day with mommy. It was vertically striped, red and white and it was rouched on the sides with pockets. It was a half sleeve and a V- neck. It showed off every single part of me that deserved to be seen, including cleavage. I literally tore my closet apart to find my red patten leather peep toe thick heels. I found my red ball hoops, you know, the ones that came from basketball wives, and I quickly curled my hair into a kind of Kim Kardashian look. I was satisfied entirely with my outfit and I called Myles to tell him I was ready. He was waiting outside, believe it or not but when I looked at the clock and noticed I had taken thirty minutes to get ready, I wasn't as surprised. I got into his car and I was about to put all his hard work to waste, mine too! He had on a navy blue Dolce and Gabbana suit with black dress shoes and a white colared shirt. He had the first two buttons undone and I wanted to unbotton the rest of them I mean damn... I didn't know we were doing all that. I looked him up and down adn he smiled "You look gorgeous." And I blushed "Trust me, you look better. And I don't care what we do after dinner... As long as desserts involved." I said winking at him and he laughed. "Whatever you say lovely."

----------------------------------------------------------- At Shae's House ---------------------------------------------------

A car horn honked outside of Shae's house as she quickly got dressed and threw her hair into a ponytail. "I'm coming girl!" She yelled out of the window in a broken voice. Shae went to look in her mirror and wiped the tears from her eyes. Sean had left nearly ten minutes ago but she tried to ignore that fact. She practiced her fake smile, fixed her dress and re applied her eyeliner. She ran downstairs to grab her house keys and sprinted out of the house, turning around to lock the door and running into Darii's car. She hugged her and they both smiled. "Damn you take forever, the hell you do up there!" Darii joked and Shae pushed her playfully. "Girl whatever, you're so much worse than me!" Darii smiled "True, but I'm never late!" Shae nodded and they drove off to the bowling alley. "So... Have you heard from Donte?" Shae asked. Darii and Donte hadn't spoke in awhile. When they did talk it was much more of a hi and bye sort of thing. "Yea. This morning he called to say hello. It was sweet but... I just don't know about him anymore." Shae smiled and patted her back "He's a good guy Dee. He means well." Darii looked at her "I know he is. It's me though. I don't know how to confront him about what I said to him. I feel horrible." Shae didn't say anything she just continued to rub her friends back "Well what about Aiden? Have you two talked yet?" Darii asked holding back tears "No... He hasn't returned any of my calls or texts... Still. Next week makes it two months that he hasn't spoken to me, Dee... You think there's someone else?" Shae asked biting her lip. "I really don't know baby girl. I would hope not. You've told him you're not pregnant anymore, right?" Shae nodded her head yes. "Yea. He knows I lost her. But he still won't talk to me." Darii tried to smile but she couldn't even fake one. "Well what of Sean? Does he know he's gotten out of being a father again?" Shae looked up at the ceiling and then back into Darii's eyes. "No. I don't want to talk to him." She said sternly. "Why won't you tell me what you saw in him? You hate talking about him and yet you guys slept together." Darii said turning on her radio. "He's just a jerk, that's all." Shae said looking out of the window. She still kept her secret about Sean hidden from Darii and everyone else for that matter, assuming that she looked less disgusting if she made everyone think that she was interested in Sean at one point. She had even began to believe her lie herself. "Look we need to stop talking about all this depressing shit anyways! We're going to meet my parents! So I can take that trip to Florida baby!" Darii shouted out of her window as she pulled into her driveway. Shae giggled and they got out of the car and walked inside her house and Darii's little sister ran to hug her and Shae. "Hey boo! How are you?" Shae said smiling at Akiia and she smiled back. "I'm fine. Am I still going to stay with you this weekend?" She asked and Shae bent down to pick her up "Maybe. If your mommy and daddy like me enough, then yes!" Akiia smiled and Darii's parents walked in. "Well hello Shae. It's nice to see you again." Darii's mother said. Shae put Akiia down and hugged her mom and dad. The last time Shae had seen Darii's parents was at graduation which was almost two months ago. "It's nice to see you guys again too!" They all sat down to eat brunch and talk about the weekends plans.

When they finished eating, Darii's parents were more than happy to let Akiia stay with Shae for the weekend, which meant Darii could go on her out of town trip. When Darii was in the car taking Shae home, she was more than overjoyed "I LOVE you sooo much girl! You're like, the only person my parents would trust with my bad ass sister!" She said smiling. Her sister wasn't even bad! She was the most obedient, well behaved child in the universe. "Oh whatever! I can't wait to go shopping with her and do her hair! She's going to be so cute when you get her back!" Shae joked and Darii hugged her with one arm "Seriously, thank you. I really wish you would come with me though. I would hire a sitter!" Shae shook her head and laughed "I don't want to go out of town for a little while anyways. I would love to chill with my little sister!" Darii smiled and when she dropped her off she got out and hugged her. "Thank you so so so much! I'll swing her by on Saturday around say.... three? My flight doesn't leave until five but I want to be there early." Shae smiled "Three sounds absolutely perfect."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Myles and I were in his room laying together naked. We had just finished 'dessert' and oddly enough, neither of us were tired. American Dad was on and I was completely into it. I fucking loved this show! There was a knock on the door and if there was anything I've learned about late night unexpected knocks is that it means bad news. Myles was getting up and I held his hand tight. "Please don't. It's nothing but bad news baby." He looked at me and kissed my forehead. "Calm down. Even if it is bad news, I'll be back." I rolled my eyes and let his hand go. He got up and put on a robe and walked out, gently closing the door behind him. I put the tv on mute so I could hear whoever it was. It was none other than, drum roll please, Lianne. "The fuck you want?" He said with an attitude. "I need to talk to Isys, please. It's important." I got up out of the bed when I heard her say my name and I threw on one of his t-shirts. "Whatchu want?" I said putting my hand on my hip and standing next to Myles. "Mel is staying with Wyatt and I now.... And... Promise me you won't tell them... She's bruised horribly." I put my hand over my mouth and Myles pulled me into his chest. "Who did it?" He asked angrily. "She said it was Sean. She said he's been coming home angry, just becauase, and he just starts beating her. Excessively." I started to cry because I didn't know what she needed me for and I didn't know what to do! "I'm here because as sorry as I feel for her, she can't stay with Wyatt and I." I could understand it. If she stayed with them, she would attract Sean and he would probably hurt Wyatt or Lianne. And she's pregnant still as well. "Y-you want her to stay with me?" I asked just barely. "He wouldn't expect her to be with you... Because you two aren't friends anymore.... It's really the only safe place now." I didn't know what to say. Even though Mel and I hadn't been friends in months, I knew it would be wrong to just let her get beat on. But I couldn't face Sean either and in all honesty, Mel wasn't my responsibility. "Well... I want to help... I really do bu--" Myles cut me off "Lianne she'll think about it. Goodnight." He closed the door and walked back to his room angrily. Was he mad at me? Becuase that's some ol' bullshit! I walked into the room slowly and I saw him wrapped in the covers. I layed next to him "Babe... You okay?" I asked trying to fish his head out from under the covers. "I'm fine." He said in a cold voice. "You're not. Talk to me, ple--" "I'M FINE!" He shouted and I jumped back. I didn't say anything for a minute "Goodnight." I said in his ear but he didn't say anything back he was just breathing hard. He was seriously mad at me! I couldn't believe this shit!

I layed on my back staring up at the ceiling until I heard him snoring quietly. I picked up my pillow and I grabbed a blanket out from his closet and I tip toed out of his room, closing the door in silence. I quietly knocked on Montaire's door "You can come in child." She said in a calm voice. I was so happy I didn't wake her, I only knocked because her tv was on. "Hi." I whispered, walking in quietly. "What's wrong sugar? I heard Myles yell at you. What happened?" His mom had those good ass black mom ears who hear all that shit. "I really can't tell what he's mad at just yet, momma...." I said honestly, placing my pillow on the floor. "Can I sleep in here?" I asked and she nodded her head and smiled. "Of course you can baby...." I smiled back and layed down on the floor. I couldn't even be around Myles when he was that upset, he didn't even seem like the same person and it scared me. "And don't worry about Myles sweetie. When he's ready to talk about it, he will." I nodded my head and said goodnight and within minutes, I was fast asleep.