4

I laid in my bed thinking of the kiss Jonathan gave me. And the shot. Why was he so compassionate? It doesn't sound like something he'd do.. I hope he's telling the truth about not killing me.
----
"Hey, so my shift ends at 5. Want me to pick you up?"

"Sure. See you."

I hung up and looked at the clock. 4:35 PM. I put on blue shorts and a blue tank top and put on some light makeup. I got finished right at five and waited in the living room.

I soon heard a faint knock on the door and quickly opened it. "Jonathan!" I smiled. "It sounds like you were expecting someone else?"

"No, no, I'm just excited to see you"

'Yeah, because he said you wouldn't kill you, that's why you're so excited'

I ignored the voice in my head and he chuckled. "May I come in?" "Oh, oh yeah sure! C-come in." I let him past and rubbed my neck nervously while shutting the door.

'Wow you just looked like an idiot. And in front of Jonathan Crane; the man you have a huge crush on.'

My thoughts made my blood boil and I whispered, "Shut. Up." "Hm? Trisha, are you alright?"

"I. Dont. Have. A. Crush..." I mumbled under my breath. Maybe that was a lie but I couldn't let Jonathan know.

"A what? Trish, answer me." My fists clenched and I punched the wall, making a small hole in it.

"Trisha!" He held onto my hand I punched with and rubbed over my knuckles with his thumb. "I-I'm so sorry, I-"

"Your thoughts. It was them, right?" His look was sympathetic and his blue eyes complimented the look. "Yes. I, I need to tell you something."

I led him into the living room and sat with him on the couch. "Two things. First, do you wanna know why I got sent to Arkham Asylum?"

"Why?" "Because I have a power. If I get lost too much in my thoughts and say a phrase in Japanese, I can move things. If I'm in the wrong place I do harm. If I'm in the right place it's completely okay.."

"What's the phrase?" I sighed and answered, "power and resilience. I got taken to Arkham because I killed 3 SWAT members. They were terrified of me." I smiled.

"Aw, that's my girl." I felt my cheeks burn up when he put one of his hands on them. "And the second?"

I sighed before gaining the courage to tell him how I feel. "I really, uh, I really like you." "You do?" He acted like he's never heard that in his life. I would think he has heard it.

"Yes. You're so fascinating. Your work. It's unlike anything I've heard. And how do you still have your job?" "They just haven't found out yet. I'm pretty good at covering up my lies."

We laughed and he got closer to my face. I closed the space by putting my lips on his. Surprisingly, he kissed back.

When we were done we rested our foreheads on each others. "Are they after me?" I whispered. "Yes. But I'll keep you safe. They won't take you away from me. I won't let them." He assured. "Thank you."
---
"Have you eaten anything?" "No. I haven't eaten in 5 days." He looked at me worriedly. "The food is that bad at Arkham?" "Yeah. You psychiatrists and doctors are lucky. You get to bring your own lunches."

"Sometimes I pity the inmates. Some of them starve to death. That's a horrible way to die." "And I'm not in good shape. At all." He lifted my shirt and saw my stomach showed the bottom of my ribcage.

"Trish, how can you stand?" "I sometimes wonder that myself. But I easily faint if im put under too much pressure."

His eyes widened, it looked like he figured something out. 'Want me to order Chinese? It looks like you need it." "Sure."

'I told you he is nice. Score one for the angel on my shoulder' 'I don't trust him. I don't think he really likes you, girl.'

I silenced the voices and enjoyed Jonathan's great company.

Sorry this one took a little bit! Got stuck in the middle of it. Hope you liked it ♡