20

(This chapter might have some mature content in it so look out ;) )

"Oh my gosh, Trisha, how have you been!" I was talking on the phone with my mom as Jonathan nervously listened to the conversation.

"I've been great. I can't believe you still accept me. After... everything..." "Honey, you're my daughter. I'll always accept you. So, how's Gotham been treating you?"

"Pretty good, considering." I heard her laugh on the other side of the phone. "Listen mom, why I wanted to call you is because I want you to come over to Gotham for a few days. Can you do it?"

"Yes! Yes I can! I really want to see you, dear. I'll come today!" I smiled even though she couldn't see me. "I can't wait. See you later. Love you." "I love you too, Trisha." Then she hung up.

"Do you think she'll like me?" I turned to Jonathan and put an arm around his shoulders. "Of course she will. And if she doesn't, she can get on her plane out of Gotham because her opinion doesn't matter."

A smile lit up his face. "I'll get ready. Be back in a minute." I kissed his cheek and rushed upstairs. I had an idea.
---
"How do I- Jonathan, oh god. You didn't have to-" I was in awe at his appearance. He was wearing a black suit and actually had on his glasses. "This stereotypical situation we're in right now requires us to look good, right?"

I shook my head to clear my thoughts and chuckled. "I look better. Way better."

My genius idea was to put on lingerie on under my dress. So, better? Yeah. I think so.

"You do. You're absolutely stunning." He pushed a piece of hair behind my ear and smiled. "You're adorable." He took me by surprise when he pressed his lips onto mine.

"Jesus, Trish I might not be able to contain myself on front of your mom.." The devil on my shoulder chuckled deeply. I won't either when we're in bed with him, huh Trish? Yeah, sure.

"Try your best. That's all you can do." He rolled his eyes and pulled me towards the door. "We're leaving. Drive me to your house. Okay?" I sighed and responded. "Fine."
---
"How does chicken alfredo sound?" I stepped out of the somewhat dusty kitchen and to Jonathan, who was sitting in the living room. "Sure." "I also have wine. You like wine?"

"Yeah." I smiled. "Great!"

It took me about 30 minutes to make the dinner and set the table. Just in time for the doorbell to ring. My eyes widened and I went over to Jonathan.

"Hey... you'll be fine, alright? My mom loves everyone, so she'll certainly love you." I gave him a reassuring smile and got the door. "Mom! Hi!"

She hugged me a little too tightly, but I returned it. "You haven't changed a bit, dear." A smile plastered on my face and I stepped aside, allowing her to come in.

"Mom, I want you to meet someone. This is my boyfriend Jonathan." I stood behind my mom and gave him a thumbs up. "It's so great to meet you. Your daughter is amazing. Seriously."

My cheeks went completely red at his compliment. "She is, isn't she? And please, call me Lucy." His smile almost made me melt. As they shaked hands, I took my mom's stuff to the spare bedroom.

When I got back they were sitting at the table already. "I put your bags in the spare room down the hall, okay?" She nodded and I sat down at the end of the table.

"Your dress looks amazing, Trisha. I feel underdressed!" My mom mused. I chuckled at her statement. "You look perfectly fine, mom." We both smiled at each other and caught up with each others lives.

But I was taken by surprise when Jonathan randomly said "I'll be back in a minute." He got up from the seat and left. "Is he okay? He hasn't been talking a lot."