10

A/N: this one is going to be transitioning from Batman Begins to Batman: Arkham Asylum. (But that's a video game!!!! Isn't it supposed to be The Dark Knight next!!!!)
Well here's the thing. Is scarecrow in The Dark Knight? Nah. Only for one scene and it lasts for 4 minutes 😂 and plus I love love love love scarecrow in Batman: Arkham Asylum so there you go. Enjoy :)
~
I woke up the next morning feeling great. I actually want to get up today.

"You're awake!" Jonathan walked into the room with some sort of mask. Nothing like his. "Today I am."

His smile grew bigger as he sat beside me. "I wanted to show you something. You like?" He passed me the mask. Jeez it looked weird.

"Going for a new look?" He adjusted his glasses and nodded. "I figured that other one wasn't as frightening. Come down to my lab and I'll show you some other things."

He grabbed my hand and almost dragged me put of the room. "Enthusiastic today, huh?" He smiled in respomse, finally opening the door to the lab. 10 extra long syringes were sewed onto gloves, along with a hot glue gun and a knife.

"So," he started. "I took 20 syringes and 20 plungers for them, cut off the ends, and hot glued them together, with some super glue for extra support. I mixed new toxins, but I need test subjects and-"

"You could use me." He shook his head. "Too risky. The toxin is strong." I pouted. "But you said I was a different kind of patient and I handled it differently. And I really want to help you."

He folded his arms in thought and gave up. "I guess. Come over here." He led me to an empty table and patted on it, signaling for me to sit. I obliged and he got out a regular sized syringe and filled it with the toxin.

"Ready?" I nodded and closed my eyes, feeling him sterilize my neck and emptied the toxin into it. My body went numb as I fell unconscious.

Memories started to rush back from when I was 19. Mom was ready to go out with her friends and dad was sitting on the couch, watching sports on the TV.

Mom would never take me with her, and my dad would, of course, try to rape me, or hurt me. Before mom went out I barricaded myself in my room, hoping for dad to leave me alone.

I got out a small box with a small needle, some iodine, a rag, and small band-aids. I stuck the rag in my mouth and bit on to it as I pulled up my skirt and jabbed the needle into my thigh without hesitation. A small whimper came out of my mouth as I made more holes into my thigh. I used iodine to treat the cuts as I heard footsteps to my room.

"Shi-" "Open up Trisha! Now!" I quickly put band-aids over the small cuts and put the box away, just in time to hide under my bed with my needle in my hand.

The door suddenly opened, my dad looking for me. "Trisha, goddammit, come out now!" He stepped closer to the bed. I stabbed him with the needle and he fell. I stood up and started attacking him.

"Leave me the fuck alone dad!" He soon gained strength and grabbed hold of my neck. "Listen here you bitch, you don't mean nothin' to me. You're just my little distraction to when your mother won't fancy my needs."

"You're, you're a p-pussy. You won't k-kill me. If mom c-catches you, s-she'll leave you and you'll be wondering like a dumbass why you're in t-this situation..." His eyes became dark and he tried to punch me but I grabbed his hand, and used my foot to push him on the ground and choke him with my legs.

"I'm going to kill you..." I suddenly got up and rushed towards the kitchen, hearing my dad limp far behind me. Grabbing a knife, I waited for him to come down and get me.

"Now Trisha! Don't do anything! Please!" My eyes squinted and I shook my head. "You're a bastard. You rape me, hurt me, and make my life a living hell! Give me a reason not to kill you!" He searched for words and I ran up to him, shoving the knife in his chest, feeling it hit his heart. He fell back, head hitting the floor, and I twisted the knife.

I left mom a little note. 'Guess it's time for me to tell the truth. Your daughter is a great pawn and she feels better than you do. I needed someone young. Vulnerable. And I found her. She's a great punching bag too. But today I pushed her. Too much. She put me where I should've always been. Not in jail, in hell.'

I sat up, my breaths faster than light. Jonathan was rubbing the inside of my thigh. "What's on your thigh? You held it the whole time."

"My, my, um, c-cuts. S-self harm. My dad, he-" Jonathan put his lips on mine and trailed his hand to my waist, rubbing circles on it.

"What did you see, hm?" I told him all of it and he sat in a chair, rubbing his right temple. "You? Killed your dad?"

"And you're acting like he didn't deserve it." I gave him a disappointed look and he grabbed my hand. "No, no, no. Anyone who lays a bad hand on you deserves to die. And what in that scared you?"

"Nothing actually... just a vivid memory." He looked down then up at me. "Weird. That's never happened before. Must be the new mix. I'll change it."

I smiled. "Go ahead. I'll make breakfast, okay?" "Sounds great." I got up, kissed him on the cheek, and made my way to the kitchen, grabbing pancake mix.

A little bit later when they were done I brought some to Jonathan. "Room service for Dr. Crane!" He didn't turn around so I went over to him, unbuttoning three buttons on my shirt , so he'd notice me.

"Thanks Miss-" his jaw dropped when he saw my shirt. I simply smiled. "What? Something on my face?"

"No, it's nothing. You're just, i-insanely gorgeous." My cheeks heated up and I kissed his lips gently. "Hurry and finish. Love you."

He didn't respond, just smiled widely and turned back to his work. "Eat or I'll make you!" I rolled my eyes and replied, "I will! Don't worry."

Another chapter down! ❤
Another A/N: I used the movie 'secretary' as inspiration for the self harm part. Except the woman used cuticle scissors, iodine, and small band-aids for it.
You should watch it! Rachel (Maggie Gyllenhaal) is in it and she's sooo pretty.
Hope you liked it :)