Chapter 18: She agreed...

(Sorry if there's bad spelling or just because it sounds bad or stupid)

Chapter 18: She agreed...

Frederick's P.O.V. (Mr. Mayhew)

"Sir?" I looked up from the paperwork in front of me and gave my attention to Nora.

"What is it?"

"I've been informed that some of the arrangements we've ordered won't be arriving at the time we expected, the company had problems with the shipping, however, most the guest will probably start arriving around 4. I've talked to the person in charge of that department and they said if the-"

I pinched the bridge of my nose "-Yeah Nora I get it, you have it under control," Ever since that day I've been more irritated. I've left most of the work to Nora, I trust her and I know she can handle it, she still has to give me the reports, but even with that I just want her to leave to papers and go. I sigh "Is there anything else?"

"Just a few things about the guest sir, but I have it cover" She walks closer to my desk and slides some documents over to me "I'll just leave the reports here so you can go over them later"

"Thanks, Nora, I appreciate it. Is there anything else?"

"No sir"

"What about my son?"

"He still hasn't left his room, in fact, I was about to head over there and inform him about the party" I nodded. I knew he was going to have some kind of reaction but I didn't know he was going to lock himself up in his room for more than two weeks. Nobody has seen him out since then, we don't even know if he has eaten and there's no way to get into his room if he doesn't open the door, I never thought he would use what he learned for something like this.

"Nora, you know what happened, don't you? with my son I mean"

"About the girl?" I nodded "I don't know much, I've only heard rumors, I don't know the full story sir"

"Well then let me tell you" I motion her to sit and she does as told. "One day, my son talks back to me for the first time ever, it has never happened before so I think 'It must really be important for him to talk back to me like that' so I decided to do some digging, and I find out Alistair, my son has been seeing this girl, Madeline, for past 9 years without anybody knowing anything about it. I get curious, why would my son hide this from me? After some more digging, I begin to understand the situation and I decided that it was best if my son didn't see this girl anymore. He once again surprises me and refuses, even after I explained, he kept speaking utter nonsense and refusing, so I make a deal with him. He lost. I was right, but as you can see, he didn't accept it too well... So, Nora, I want an outside opinion on this, what do you think?"

"Well sir... may I speak freely?" I nodded "I... I think you may have been a little too strict, everything happened in two days correct?" I nodded "Maybe you should have waited for a little while before telling him he couldn't see his only friend ever again, I mean there must have been a reason why he did all that stuff, maybe you should have waited and seen for yourself, but of course if the information you found showed that this friendship put him in danger of getting hurt in any way then I can understand why you would want to act a soon as possible, you just want to protect your child. Still, he's devastated by the whole thing and he doesn't know why it's happening. I think you should try to understand his feelings and help him" I think about this for a second.

"You are right a usual Nora, you won't need to notify him about the party, I will inform him myself. Thank you, Nora, you are dismissed" She stood up and walk towards the door but stopped in front of it and turned to face me.