Chapter 6: just like your mother

I closed the door behind me and leant against it, sighing. I hear a sound to my right and turn to see my father staring at me, a look of disgust on his face. He had been looking through the window. He walked up angrily, shoving a table to the side, resulting in a crash, and a lamp topples to the side, smashing it's globe into a million pieces of sharp, painful glitter.

"What the fuck it all this, you slut, coming home with that dick?! a slut like you could do better. he's a shit, a pathetic wimp, a fucked up retard who can't even take a shot!" he yells at me coming towards me with his fist clenched.

I backed against the door and closed my eyes. I could hear him, feel him. Even smell him. His bitter breath fanned across my face and he pushed his face right into mine. He was drunk.

Again.

I opened my eyes startled. he continued to scream profanities at me. I tried to tune him out, focusing on his voice, turning it into a thin sound wave.

I muted it until there was nothing. But I was distracted and it all came rushing back into my ears as I feel a this and then a dull pain on my cheek.

" Are you listening to me cunt?"

I tasted blood on the inside of my cheek and my tooth pounds. He punched me.

I don't say anything. I've learnt not to.

"Well are you?"

"Of course father" I reply quietly, lowering my eyes, avoiding contact with his bloodshot optics.

"See, thing is, Abbi, I don't think you are."

He pushes his arm against my throat, cutting off my oxygen. I made a strangling noise, but I couldn't get any air out.

"You're just a lying bitch, like your mother"

No. He can't say things about my mother. I try to push against him, but he shoves me back again, and kneads me in the stomach. Repeatedly. I feel sick, I need to vomit.

I feel anger bubble up in my stomach, and I swiftly kick him in his only weak spot. He groans but doesn't fall. I quickly run past him, up the stairs but as I do so he flicks out a knife hidden behind his back and it catches me on the side.

Lines of fire rip horizontally across my hips and my back and I scream in out pain and put my hands to my side, but I don't stop. I keep running, hearing him scream profanities at me

"Come back here you worthless cunt!"

I bolt into my room and lock the door behind me but thankfully, it doesn't seem that he has followed me. I pull my warm hands away from my side and find that they are wet and sticky with my warm, bitter blood.

I groan in pain.

The blood has seeped through my shirt and it is running down my jean legs. I really want to cry, but I close my eyes, forcing any tears that were threatening to spill out, to disappear.

I gingerly lift my shirt up, but it hurts like a bitch.

"Arrgh" I grit my teeth

I lift my shirt up, and over my head. I didn't want to move too much as too aggravate my cuts. I take a closer look at them and feel the blood rushing from my face. they were really bad.

There was three on my left side and two on my back. They were quite long, and by the looks of it, very deep. Christ, I'm not good with blood. I feel myself go faint, my head pounding and my world going dizzy. I needed someone, anyone beside my father but I had no one.

Then I remember what Luke had given me earlier, and pull the crumpled paper out of my pocket. I press a t-shirt lying on the ground to my side, trying to staunch the blood flow. But it doesn't work. I quickly grab my phone, trying not to twist or move too much. I punch the hastily scribbled digits into my phone and out the phone to my ear, closing my eyes, praying for an answer.

I hear a click and the dialling stops.

"Hello?"

"L..Luke it it it's Abbi, c.. can you..

Uh... I've been cut, Luke please..." I say concentrating, trying to get the words our, trying to fight the nausea rising up from my stomach, trying to ignore the exhaustion rolling around in my head.

"Abbi?, what's wrong.. Abbi! Abbi!"

All if a sudden the blood comes rushing back to my head and I feel myself slipping, physically and mentally. I hit the floor and there's a puddle if blood beside me and a pounding in my ears, I can hear Luke's muffled voice in the background but slowly all the noise turns into a long, high pitched beep and then..

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.