Chapter 11: Apprehension

|TWO MONTHS AFTER|

|Abbi's point of view|

I squinted my eyes as I stepped out into the warm sunshine.

My hand instinctively goes up to protect my eyes from the bright rays, and I take another step forward and a big breath in. It felt good to be in the fresh air after such a long time cooped up in a small hospital and an even smaller room. But today was the day, the day I was being released from hospital, and I have mixed emotions. I am happy, yet apprehensive of what was to come.

After I had recovered enough to allow more visitors, agent from the child protection agency had visited, along with some state police officers. They had asked me to give statements about my 'accident' and I told them what had happened. That my father was constantly drunk, he abused me, and this time tried to kill me. And quite almost succeeded. They had taken down my statements and had come back later; with a court date.

I feel a prence at my side. And I turn to see Luke smiling at me, one of my bags in each hand.

"Are you ready?" he asks me,

"I guess" I say awkwardly

"Are you alright, I mean, are you sure that you are alright? that your ready for this? that everything has healed well enough?" His questions make me give a small smile and I nod

"Everything is fine. I just want to get out"

He seems satisfied with my answer and sweeps his eye across the rows upon rows of shiny cars.

His eyes light up as he spots a dark metallic banged up old Toyota.

His beloved

I smirk at the thought

Since my 'accident' Luke and I had become close.

While Luke had officially deemed us 'friends' I was not sure if I was comfortable being around him. Because after all I had been through, Luke was beside me the whole time. I don't know why. he had nothing to gain.

And incase you were wondering, why yes, I am back to my old bitchy self.