Chapter 10: awakening from comatose.

Luke's point of view.

/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|

I turn my face back to Abbi's. And my heart jump starts. Her eyes are open.

And she's looking at me.

"Abbi? your awake! woah, ahhh"

I begin to panic, unsure of what to do.

Her eyes brown eyes meet mine.

She begins to look worried, and then scared. she opens her mouth to speak

"Luke?"

"Yeah" I give her a comforting smile, squeezing her hand tight.

"Luke-Luke I can't move. Why can't i move? what is wrong with me?" Abbi has tears in her eyes as her heart monitor starts to beep faster.

I open my mouth to say something but am interrupted as a doctor and two nurses come into the room. One of the nurses, Abigail, her bronze name tag reads, rushes over to Abbi's side and changes the liquid into the IV that is running into Abbi's hand.

She immediately starts to look relaxed, but her face is still tense and her hand within mine is not moving.

The doctor clears his throat and grabs a clipboard from the end of the bed, while the other nurse stands idly by him.

"Ms. Hempson, How are you feeling?"

Abbi doesn't say anything. I don't think he expected her to.

"I don't know what you have been aware of or heard so I will explain to you what happened. When you were brought into the hospital here, by mr. Hemmings-" he says, gesturing to me.

"- you were suffering from several, deep and pre-infected wounds. We immediately placed you under a small general surgery to have an examination. We found that the cuts on your stomach were extremely deep, more like stab wounds. They were deep enough to penetrate a few 'vital' organs. Whilst under a further, more demeaning surgery, to repair those damaged organs, you ribs collapsed, narrowly missing puncturing your lungs. We had to give you reconstruction on your ribs. Also, during the previous organ repair surgery, you had lost too much blood, and your brain became too 'frenzied'. We had to induce you into a comatose. Until which you have only just woken, six week post comatose induction"

The doctor takes a deep breath in,

"Try not to feel to worried. It is only natural of course. As you are out of your coma, but not fully recovered of course, you may not be able to move a lot of your major muscles. ie. your legs, arms, body etc. Now. We have to perform a routine checkup on you of course, which we shall do now"