Chapter Twenty-One

Jenna POV:

I walked out of the hall trembling, tears falling out my eyes.

Did I feel guilty because of what Jordan said?

No - Jordan deserved what he got. He was going to leave me there anyway.

And now I have Shane off my case aswell.

But what if he comes back? With Jordan?

But my trail of worst case scenarios ended when I saw him standing there, arms folded with his back facing towards me.

I could sense his anxiousness from the bottom of the stairway.

"Grayson..?" I whispered.

He instantly turned around and his face lit up with a smile.

He ran down the stairs to me, lifted me up and spun me around in a warm hug of security.

Our eyes met for a moment after that.

It was a picture perfect moment to capture in a movie, where the actors both went in for a kiss and they lived happily ever after.

But it didn't happen.

Our eyes met and he put me down, looking around behind me.

"Where's Jordan?" He asked curiously, pacing about.

"Oh..." I began.

Suddenly I broke down in to an array of tears, dropping myself to the ground.

Grayson's POV:

"Hey hey hey - Jenna!! What's wrong!? What happened?" I asked, kneeling to the ground with her to pull her in to a comforting hug.

Who knows what Shane could've done to her.

"It's...it's Jordan." She cried into my shoulder. "H-he was working with Shane all along, covering his tracks and..and..."

She began to hyperventilate and my jaw dropped in shock.

All this time...Jordan was working against me?

"He just left." She continued to cry, tightening her grip around my shoulders. "With Shane - they both wanted me gone, out of the equation."

"He. What?" A voice came from behind.

Jenna and I turned around to see a flabbergasted figure, full of rage standing a few steps away from us.

"Sabrina!!" Jenna shouted, running up to her for a hug.

"We're going to get him back Gray." Sabrina consoled me as she clutched on to Jenna. "Physically and metaphorically."

********

Jordan's POV:

"Well your girl's a hell of an actress." Shane smirked as he pulled his face away from the glass window on the door.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

I was sat back facing Jordan on a stool, trying to calm myself from what just happened with Jenna.

"Well, considering she just cried and hugged the hell out of Sabrina and Grayson with no further concern shown on their faces as to your whereabouts... it's pretty obvious that she made a pack of lies in - well let's see.." He said, looking down at his watch. "6 minutes."

"Would you shut your mouth for 5 seconds?" I asked. "And if you're gonna talk, don't bring her up."

"Okay okay." Shane smirked, throwing his hands in the air. "Touchy subject, I get it. The girl you like screws you over for your own brother - how's that make you feel?"

I shot him a death glare, clutching my fists to not go after his face.

"Where are we going?" I asked firmly.

"Hm." He began, pacing about the hall before coming to an abrupt stop. 

He looked at me with the devil in his eye.

"Ever been to juvie?"

*********

Jenna's POV:

Later that evening, Sabrina went home and me and Grayson headed back to the apartment.

Conversation was minimal; Grayson was clearly distracted by the fact that Jordan was with Shane and was unintentionally ignoring me most of the way home.

Even when Jordan wasn't here he was screwing things up.

I walked off into my room as soon as we got back to find a fresh set of pajamas so I could go shower.

As I closed my eyes, immediate visions of the earlier events in the day flashed through my mind.

What did Shane really want with me?

I mean...he mentioned it was business but what?

Was it personal?

A grudge?

A favour for someone else?

The water fell down on to my palms as I looked down on them, realising my trail of thoughts had gone on for to long considering my fingertips were pale and wrinkled.

I came out the bathroom with my mid length hair half dried, shrinking themselves in to neat curls.

I walked in to the living room to see Grayson stood in the dim light area by the floor length window, looking down out on the city-scape.

He looked lost in his own thoughts, a sense of confusion rippled through his dark brown eyes as a  few strands of hair carelessly flung over the brim of his scalp. 

Slowly, I approached him, and lay my head down on what I realised what was actually his bare shoulder, cold and slightly pale.

"Why do you think he did it?" He asked in monotone.

Seriously?

Still with the Jordan?

"I don't know.." I muttered, hoping that was the end of that subject matter.

"He's still my brother Jen." He said with slightly more affection. "I just want to know the reason why."

I opened my mouth to speak but was cut off as Grayson turned to face me.

"Do you think it was something I did?" He asked in a weak voice, as a slip of water emerged from his right eye.

"No." I said, swiping away the tear with the brim of my sleeve. "You didn't do anything wrong."

"Then what else?" He asked, drawing away from me. "He had nothing against you."

This conversation was clearly going nowhere.

I needed to distract him somehow.

But what the hell was I gonna do?

"I need to find him." He said quickly, turning his face back to me. "I need to, he gets angry quickly and flips and could do something stupid and-"

I cut him off and immediately pressed my lips against his, his minty breath turned warm and heated my face before I broke the kiss.

"You're not going to do anything." I said, holding his faces less than an inch away from mine. "You're not going to do...anything."