XX. Blind Trust

It took me a while to finally get to the place Jack and I agreed to meet - a park on the outskirts of the city. With a deep inhale, I sat down next to him on one of the benches, nervously holding my shaking hands. He turned towards me, a concerned look on his face, "Hey... are you okay?" he asked silently, to which I replied by nodding quickly, almost as if I was trying to convince myself and not him. Blood was still sizzling in my ears because of what I just ran away from, but I was trying my best to appear fine. 

"Look, I think I know how we can get rid of... him," Jack began, and I felt very relieved he didn't mention his name. I swallowed the guilt and finally looked into his eyes: "Just tell me, Jack, I want this to be over just as much as you do." The lie burned my lips and I pressed them together, as if that would turn it into a truth. 

"If it was up to me, I'd do it. Spare you the trouble. But it needs to be done by someone with pure intentions and trust me, those I do not have when it comes to Anti," he hissed. I frowned at him. Pure... not exactly the word I'd use to describe myself right now. 

"Do you have a knife?" he lifted up his eyebrows and watched me curiously as I pulled it out. At least I managed to clean the blood off of it in all the panic. "Hmm... I'm kind of surprised, but not really, considering who, or what, you're dealing with," he finished. 

My hands finally stopped shaking as I was turning the knife around. "Well, I did use a knife on him. I stabbed him in the throat, Jack, and nothing happened. How do you expect me to... kill him?" 

Jack leaned towards me and placed his warm hand on mine, lifting my chin up to him with his other hand. "He's a demon, Y/N... it will be a bit painful."

"Obviously, it will kill him -"

"For you."

"Oh."

A slight chuckle left his lips, "You just need some of your blood... on the blade." I gently pulled away from him and stood up: "That's it? Just a cut?" 

He watched me for a second before getting up as well, I felt his hand on my shoulder. "I don't want you to get hurt, trust me. But can you do it?" 

I took a deep breath to answer, when suddenly the wind picked up and loud thunder rumbled around us. A high-pitched laughter echoed everywhere and as the lighting struck, a familiar silhouette appeared in front of us. 

Anti laughed again, his head twitching and his eyes completely black.

"͉̞̠̯̈͒͑̽͒̾̚W̧̭̥̟̅e̞͡l̤̏l͍̪̯͈͔̪͙̆̈ͧ͗̄͜,͚̰͍̦͇ͦ̎̽ͧ̂͒̚ ̪̞͓̀̌̎ͩͬ̓̈ẅ̜̗́ͩ̏ͫ̌̽͠e̽̌̈́ͯ̈ľ̟̞͈̞̜̅ͪ̄ͥl̛,̌͠ ̀̈̄̓ͧ̌͢ŵ̬̟̗̪͒̍ͣ̒̚e̥͓̹̠̝͔̱̎ͭͤ̿l͏l̡̖̹ͯͧ̉̈͒̽̂,̶̰̘͍͉͓͋ͬ̉̅̎̈́͒ ̜͈͎̼̣͇̘s̞̟̠̰̟̃o̼̻͔͖ͧ̈͢ͅm̙̬̩̳̰͙̭͢ẽ̢ͤọ̤̱̯̩̳̮n̲͉͇͕͗͆̅̽͋̂͡e̤͙̅̐ͬ́̉ͦ ͩ̾͌̊̂̆̚c̞̰͔͎̻̮̯͠o͚̩̬̮͚̮̳ͧ̾̔̚̚̚ǔ̵̩̑͆̅ͮl̦̯̰̙͕̄̒̄̒̚d̙͛͊n̡͇̗͈̯͕̗͛ͮ̄̓̈́'̻͔̘̗̥͛̾̇͒tͧ̐̃̇͗ ̥̱͍̞ṡ̰̦̾t̹̰͙̫̪͂̂͘a̰̞͒͗͐ͨ̉̽ͅy̧͙̙̣ͣ̅̒̾͊̅ͣ ͓̠̎̎ͧ̎͢a̵̬̱̰̣͉͌͂w̡ͯͩ̾̿̇̔ͤȧ͓̂̈́́̕y̫ͣ̓̈́͋!̛̩͔̦ͥ̔̀̚"̸̳͇̘͎̣̪̎̏

I silently took a step back, even though I was sure my heartbeat could be heard miles away. 

Jack protectively extended his arm in front of me, baring his teeth at Anti. "You are the one who should've stayed away," he hissed aggressively. 

I was desperately looking from one to the other, unsure of what to do, or more what was right to do, until they both became a blur, a single personality - split.

"STOP! Both of you, just stop!" I shouted over their voices, I firmly grasped the knife and placed it on my own neck. I saw them both tense up, and heard Anti growl quietly. 

"No, no, no, Y/N, what are you doing?!" Jack screamed out and took a step towards me, trying to get the knife away from me, but I was quicker and moved away from his arms. 

"Stay away from her!" Anti growled and pushed Jack onto his knees, holding his hair firmly in his hand. Jack hissed in pain as the stones on the ground dug into his skin and Anti pulled his head back, "Come on, Y/N, you know what to do..." Anti encouraged me with an insane smile on his face, he slid his finger on his throat. 

I just watched, before a short laugh escaped my lips. I took a step towards them and placed the sharp knife on Jack's neck. I could feel him flinch under the cold blade, he was struggling to get away from Anti's grasp. 

"I'm sorry." I whispered silently and pulled Anti closer towards me, pushing my lips on his. He gave in almost immediately and let go of Jack's hair. As we were kissing, I could no longer hold the hot tears behind my closed eyelids. One of them rolled down my flushed cheeks and I quickly ran the blade over the inside of my palm, covering it in my blood, I stabbed Anti in his left eye. 

He let out a painful scream and stumbled, struggling to stay on his feet, he grabbed the knife and tore it out, throwing it on the ground. He pressed his hand on the wound, hissing and growling in pain. His whole image became glitchy and distorted, his eye turning black and normal again, blood spilling out of the other one. Exhausted, he finally fell onto the ground and let out something inaudible, his hand reaching towards us, before he just stopped moving. 

As it all got quiet, I could only hear myself sobbing. Jack pulled my towards him and wrapped his arms around me, rocking me from side to side and gently caressing me. "Shhh... it's okay. You did it. You got rid of him," he whispered, "He's gone." I buried my face in his shoulder, I swear I could feel my heart breaking. 

Jack kept on holding me until I was almost done crying, when the thunder rumbled again. I snuggled to him more as the wind grew even stronger, making the trees rustle frighteningly, heavy rain started pouring onto us. We turned around and Jack was guiding me out of there, as I was blinded by my own tears. 

The thunder hit again and sudden lightning struck a tree close to us, setting it on fire. I jumped and screamed out, clenching Jack's hand in mine. 

But it was all nothing compared to the sound that came next - a terrifying laughter coming from behind us. I looked over my shoulder and saw Anti getting back up, creepily, his bones cracking as he did so. A wide smile on his face slowly turned into an aggressive grin, the stabbed eye bleeding. 

Jack looked at me in horror. 

"Run!" 

--

HELLO, DARLINGS!! 

I hope you're all doing great! Thank you so much for reading this story, honestly, it means a lot! How did you all enjoy Anti's latest appearance? I'M STILL NOT OVER IT!

I love you!! (。♥‿   ♥。) - Andrea