25 || All Time Low

A/N: This was originally an imagine I wrote that was Lydia Martin x Reader but I decided to just convert it to Camila Cabello x Reader.

SUMMARY: Another heartbreak.

WARNING(S): curse words

I, was the knight in shining armor in your movieWould put your lips on mine and love the aftertaste

Would put your lips on mine and love the aftertaste

You were always there for Camila, no matter what. Even after your guys' breakup, you vowed to yourself that you would stay by her side and protect her from any harm that would come the brunette's way, no exceptions. So you became the best friend, the one in the background, the third wheel. But you were fine with that, as long as she was safe.

Now I'm a ghost, I call your name, you look right through me
You're the reason I'm alone and masturbate

Of course, your underlying feelings for her made it difficult to stay near her but you'd have to deal with that. You did still love Camila, it was hard not to. She was perfect in your eyes, even with all her flaws and imperfections. Evidently, Camila Cabello was also the perfect girl in everyone else's eyes as well. You'd have to deal with that too.

I, I've been trying to fix my pride
But that shit's broken, that shit's broken

Recently, you'd been straying away from the brown-eyed girl that had stolen your heart and not offered to give it back. She'd gotten into a relationship with Justin and the blonde haired boy wasn't exactly the 'easy-to-get-along-with' type of guy, as Shawn put it. It's not like Camila noticed your absence anyways. Besides, it gave you some time to recollect yourself and get your feelings back under control. You couldn't stand being with Camila while she flaunted her relationship with Justin about for much longer.

Lie, I try to hide
But now you know it

"Y/N?" An all too familiar voice said from behind you as you grabbed some of your belongings from your locker.

You sighed quietly through your nose. It was the end of the school day on a Friday and all you wanted to do was go home and sleep, you didn't want to have to deal with this right now. Nevertheless, you forced a fake smile on your face and put up a cheery facade. You slowly turned around, facing the one girl you didn't want to see but also did really bad. "Camila! Hey! Uh, how are you?"

"Have you been avoiding me?" The girl asked bluntly, her brown eyes seeming to peer right into your soul.

Your smile dropped a bit but you built it back up quickly, hoping she didn't notice. "No! Of course not. Why would I?"

Camila raised a perfectly sculptured eyebrow, "I don't know. Why would you? I haven't done anything to upset you, have I?"

"Uh, no, you haven't done anything." You said, nervously fiddling with your hands. Camila opened her mouth to say something when you beat her to it. "I've got to go, Camila, my- um, Mom needs me." You lied, stumbling over your words. God, you needed to work on your lying skills.