22 || Castle on the Hill

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I love writing song-fics. Also, I posted a multifandom gif series book, so if ya'll wanna go check that out, it'd be cool. I take requests for it as well.

SUMMARY: Y/N is a famous singer and moved away from their hometown to pursue their dream, not knowing what treasures they left behind at the time. But as time went by, the started to realize what they were missing and decided to go back to, despite the complications that may await.

Also, just pretend Camila has a brother.

·AU
·gender neutral reader

WARNING(S): a bit about overdose

Starting out, you were just someone who wanted to post videos on YouTube that contained content of you singing

Starting out, you were just someone who wanted to post videos on YouTube that contained content of you singing. You never thought that one day, you'd become the most viewed and subscribed to singing channel on YouTube that wasn't famous for having a career in the music industry like Justin Bieber of Ariana Grande. You were well-known for your covers of other people's songs, not your original ones as you didn't have any. However, that was going to change soon.

You had a special surprise in store for you viewers and you were excited but still nervous and anxious to show it.

y/sm/n(your social media name): Hey guys, just uploaded a video. I think you guys'll like it.

You had just put up one of your own songs that you had written. The song had been sitting idle in your journal for a while because you were always iffy on the decision of whether or not to show it off as you were scared of the repercussions you'd get. But, after a small pep talk from one of your close friends, you chose to say 'fuck it' and just post it.

The song was titled Castle on the Hill and it was basically a short story about your life growing up and your friends and family back home, basically the people that raised you before you blew up and became big. It was a song that you wrote while you were reminiscing about your past.

All you could do now was hope that people would like it.

When I was six years old I broke my leg
I was running from my brother and his friends

The video started off black, with the words 'Castle on the Hill' passing by in white. It then faded into view as it showed you sitting in your room, singing.

You remembered this memory clearly as if it were just yesterday. You had just pranked your brother and his friends by throwing water balloons at all of them when they were hanging out. Your devious plan had gotten them all soaked to the bone and to say the least, they were not happy about that.

And tasted the sweet perfume of the mountain grass I rolled down
I was younger then, take me back to when I

While you were running away from your brother and his friends, you had tripped over a rock in the ground that caused you to go tumbling down a hill. You were to busy watching what was in front of you and not watching where you were placing your feet.