21 || Roses

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I actually wrote this a while back. It was posted on both Tumblr and Deviantart but not here. Oops. Oh well, now it is.

On a side note, I don't support AusMila, I just wrote about it.

SUMMARY: Y/N is in love with Camila, but sometimes being in love with someone results in tragedy.

· gender neutral reader

WARNING(S): uh... some curse words... I think?

It's not that I'm afraid I'm not enough for herIt's not that I can't find the words to say

It's not that I can't find the words to say

Y/N didn't think that they weren't good enough for Camila Cabello, the two were childhood friends after all. Why would Y/N not be good enough for her if they had been friends for so long? But what stopped them from ever asking out the girl that they had their heart reserved for was that the Cuban princess already seemed to have a prince.

But when she's with him, she seems happier
And I don't want to take that away

Austin Mahone wasn't a bad guy, per se, he just got on Y/N's nerves a little bit... okay, he got on them a lot but that's besides the point. Austin was a good person and as much as Y/N didn't want to admit it, he was a good guy for Camila. He always had her smiling and laughing and having a good time. Y/N didn't want to intrude on their blooming relationship.

How many times can I see your face?
How many times will you walk away?

Because of Camila being close friends with Y/N the two always hung out with each other, whether it be going on a miniature hangout date to the movies or out to eat or just a walk around the park. Despite being happy about seeing Camila, Y/N also felt heartbreak because the many common topics that the two talked about was Austin. There were times when Camila even had to end their time together short because Austin had asked her out at the last minute.

I just have to let you know

"Did you finish the homework for Mr. Robert's class?" Y/N asked Camila. The two friends were currently hanging out at Y/N's house in their room. It was a lazy day for them so they decided to just stay in and watch a Harry Potter movie marathon.

There was no answer from the Cuban for a couple of seconds before Y/N decided to try again.

"Camila?" Y/N called, turning to face the brunette.

"Hmmm?" The girl said, not glancing up from her phone for a second. Her eyes were glued to the screen in front of her and her fingers were tapping away furiously meaning she was texting someone, and seemingly someone important.

"I asked if you finished the homework for chemistry." Y/N restated.

No answer. Camila was once again invested into her phone to a degree where she apparently didn't know what was going on around her at all.