(15) Treebros- Flower Petal Pain Pt. 1

Word Count: about 1,770 (sorry)
TW: cussing, (sickness? Idk)
Enjoy!

It was a Wednesday afternoon in 6th period when Connor burst through his classroom door, late for the 9th day in a row. He took a seat at the back of the class. This was the one and only class he had with Zoe and Evan both in the whole year. He took out his notebook and pencil, pretending to take notes. He kept looking across the room at Evan. He was just thinking how adorable he looked when he was interrupted by his teacher.
"Alright, go to your assigned lab stations and get started" she said. Connor hadn't been paying attention so he just went to the lab station that Evan was at. Unfortunately, Zoe sat next to Evan so she was there too. As Connor was walking over, he noticed that Evan and Zoe were already talking. Connor started walking slower, trying to listen to what they were saying.

"Yeah, I'd love to! When?" He heard Zoe say.

"Um....I-I thought maybe-uh-maybe tomorrow for dinner? I mean-like-if you want to, but like if you don't w-"

"That sounds great". Connor realized that Evan had just asked Zoe on a date. And she accepted. His crush, was going on a date, with his sister, tomorrow night. Connor suddenly felt the intense need to cough. So he did. And they just turned into a coughing fit. Evan and Zoe both turned around and saw him.

"Oh my god, Connor are you ok?" Evan questioned, obviously concerned.

"He's probably just doing it for attention," said Zoe, unamused. Connor sat down in the nearest seat, coughing into one hand and flipping Zoe off with the other.

"Ummm, I don't think so..." said Evan, "I think you should go to the nurses office".

And leave you two alone together? He thought. But he decided that he didn't want to upset Evan so he slowly made his way down the hall to the nurse, still coughing.

The nurse took his temperature, he felt normal so she simply gave him a cough drop and told him to go back to class. He came back to science and saw Evan and Zoe again. He still felt the need to cough but he pushed it aside.

-Time skip brought to you by Mike Faist's amazing hair and voice and literally everything else-

It was Thursday evening and the Murphy kids were both extremely frustrated.

Zoe couldn't find the jacket that she had wanted to wear, and Connor was just waiting for his crush to come and get Zoe for a date.

He was pacing his room and she was putting on lipstick when they both heard the doorbell ring. Connor waited until he heard his sister was all the way down the stairs before he opened his door. He walked halfway down the stairs to listen to what they were saying.
"H-um-hey Zoe," he heard Evan say.

"Hi Evan! So where are we going?"

"Um-well-I thought that we could maybe go to the nearest nice-ish restaurant-and then um if you w-want to we could-uh maybe go to A La Mode?"

"Sounds great!"

Connor started coughing again, quite violently this time. Connor felt something hit the hand he was covering his mouth with.

He looked at it in disbelief.

Flower petals.

He started coughing again and a lot of deep red rose petals kept coming out. Connor rushed to the bathroom and slammed the door shut.

He could not stop coughing up flower petals.

He stared at himself in the mirror in disbelief.

No way, he told himself,