(34) Boyf Riends/RichJake-Halloween Party

Word Count: 466
TW: panicking, crying, bad memories, cussing
Enjoy!

For most people, Halloween is a time of celebration and happiness.

For Rich Goranski and Michael Mell, it was quite the opposite.

It was the anniversary of when Rich attempted suicide and ended up almost commuting mass murder instead and the anniversary of Michael's best friend abandoning him to try to hook up with some girl he barely knew.

Today made the two year anniversary, to be exact.

So there they were, coincidentally both sitting on the floors of their rooms, crying.

---Michael---

He was curled up in a ball, crying into his knees when he heard a soft knock and the door to his room opened.

"Hey, Micha-" a soft voice cooed.

Michael looked up. Jeremy closed the door and sat down next to him.

"Hey, I-uh-brought candy. L-lots of candy and-I got AOTD 3 for us if you wanna play-"

"You don't have to do this-"

"B-but I do because I have to make up for being such an asshat and-"

"Can we just play AOTD 3 and forget its Halloween?"

"If that's what makes you happy"

"It is"

"Good" and with that Jeremy set up the game, "I'm here for you". Jeremy grabbed his hand gently and softly drew circled on the back of his hand with his thumb.

"I love you"

A soft smile.

"I love you too"

---Rich---

Rich sobbed silently on his floor, looking at the small invitation held in his trembling hand.

Get over it get over it get over it get over it get over-

Rich was city off by his phone buzzing. He looked at the contact.

"Hey Jake" Rich tried his best to make it sound like he hadn't been crying for *literally* the last 3 hours.

"Hey Rich, you gonna be there?"

"Ahh......yeah..."

"Great! See you there!"

Except, Jake had a plan. He knew Rich hated this kind of thing, especially Halloween parties.

---

Rich pulled up into the empty driveway. He stepped out of the car and into the house.

It was lined with purple and orange fairy lights, pumpkin decor, and several other things.

Nobody else was there. Suddenly, Jake walked out from his room.

"Rich! You made it!"

"Yeah, what, am I the first one here?"

"You're the only one here"

"Oh"

"I rented your favorite scary movies, that one brand of popcorn you love, your favorite candies, and a few other things. I know how you feel about today and I want some positive memories to spare you the old, bad ones,"

Rich started crying again.

Jake panicked.

"Was it something I said? Did I do something wrong?"

"N-no you're just so n-nice thank you s-so much,"

And with that, Rich cuddled Jake on the couch as Poltergeist began playing on the tv.

---AN---

I'm sorry that was short and sucky, I am very tired. Okay, happy a Halloween yada yada yada this just came to mind and I'm about to fall asleep any second now so happy Halloween and I work way too hard on this book.