Chapter 14: Friends

Sqaishey

The meal was over. An array of plates were left on the oak table, some scraped clean, others with food stewing there. Personally, I loved mine- I wasn't really a picky eater.

We left the building, and headed into our cars. Issy was rather subdued, staring out of the window. My heart felt for her: I knew what stress could do.

Erin, meanwhile, was ecstatic.

"You guys get on so well! You'll be so supportive of each other... ah, I wish I had a squad like yours. It would be great." She blabbed, her eyes wide and eager.

"You know, you are our friend. Spend some time with us!" I replied thoughtfully.

Her jaw dropped with excitement.

"How about we all go to my apartment now?" I suggested. "You too, Issy."

Erin and Issy nodded. "Sure."

I picked up my phone and dialled Carla.

Ten minutes later, and we were sat on cushions in my living room, drinking black currant juice and chatting about the latest songs and television shows.

"Look at us: drinking black currant juice out of wine glasses... reminds me of my childhood," Carla commented with a scoff.

"Ah... the days when I used to try on my mum's makeup," I reminisced. Issy frowned.
"Speaking of which, I'm just going to remove mine. Gosh, I actually hate wearing it."

"Why do you wear it, then?" I asked. She rolled her eyes sadly.

"You wouldn't believe the amount of pressure I'm under to look and behave professional..." My manager smiled weakly, before walking away like a child had dropped their ice cream.

"Gosh..." Carla whispered.

***

My head hurt. It was 2:00am and we were all drunk on juice, giggling and chatting about boys and celebrities.

I didn't even like this kind of talk usually. None of us did.

"Have you seen Arthur Darvill? Oh now he is lovely. And very cute..." Erin said. "Did I actually just say that?"

I laughed. Then giggled hysterically.  "What was in that juice, seriously?"

My phone buzzed, the result of me forgetting to use the Do Not Disturb feature.

Skype- Joseph Garrett is online

Carla peered over my shoulder. She raised her eyebrows.

"Now who is Joseph?" She asked with a smirk. The room silenced.

I smiled. "He's my loving boyfriend."

A chorus of noises rippled through my friends.

"And he's okay to Skype..." Carla prompted. "So call him!"

Flustered, I replied, "Oh, um. Okay."

He picked up immediately.

"Sqaishey! Why are you up? It's umm... two for you!" He winced.

"Hi! What's up?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Headache."

"Oh. And what's that from?"

"Oh just a bug," he replied, refusing to meet my eyes.

I glared at the camera. "That's not what your sister told me."

His face fell, before he noticed the girls in the corner.

"Let's not do this in front of your friends!" He insisted.

"Hi!" The girls called. They each introduced themselves sweetly.

"You never told me why you're up." Stampy pointed out.

I laughed. "Girls night in."

He feigned a smile. "Right."

----------------------------------------------

Short chapter! Hope it was okay 🙃

I'd like to know who you'd like to see in a fanfic, because I have a strong desire to start a new story but I don't know who to star in it ☺️

Thanks for reading! 💛