Chapter 3: An Interruption

Sqaishey

The Big Bang Theory blared from the TV, and yet Netty still managed to sleep, her red hair resting against Martyn's grey Yogscast T-shirt. Therefore, we had to be ever so quiet, as not to disturb her- it was hard after the fantastic feedback I'd just received.

After braving Twitter, I had faced Instagram, and the same mass of comments had awaited me there. My mood soared, and Stampy's was imitative of mine.

"I can't deny it: this is a pretty bad episode if you ask me!" Martyn admitted, his eyes rimmed with shadows, "Might hit the hay soon, okay?"

Stamps and I nodded in sync. I smirked- we were too alike for our own good, but we shrugged our shoulders and carried on with life. That's what happens when you're in love. (Not that SmileyPlum would know 🤣)

A knock. A knock on the door startled us, followed by a muffled call.
"Yo, yo, yo let me innnnnn, man! Oh my sweet Jesus I'm fallinggggg!"

Martyn raised his eyebrows, "Does that sound like Timmy to you?"

Praying it wasn't Jimmy, I replied meekly, "Yes... I'll answer it."

My heart racing (Jimmy sounded a little drunk), I stretched and apprehensively shuffled towards the door.

More calls.

"Okay, okay I'm coming!" The door awaited... I grabbed the brass door knob and twisted it slowly. This wasn't going to be good...

"Yo I'm Jimmy not Timmy!" Jimmy stumbled through the door, and draped his arms loosely around me, "Sqaishey, bro! How ya doing, man?"

"Better than you," I retorted. He snorted. A sound from behind caught my attention, and I turned. Netty was scratching her head wearily, her eyes blinking constantly.

"Timmy?"

"Nettyyyyy! It's Jimmy!"

The woman smiled briefly, before turning to frown at me, "So... Ermm, what brings you here? Come tell us all."

With my head spinning with questions, I guided Jimmy into the living room, supporting him with my arms preparing to catch him at any moment. As we walked in, Stampy and Martyn's heads turned. Their jaws dropped. Their brows furrowed.

"Jimmy?"

"Jimmy! Long time no see!" Stampy exclaimed.

"Yeah man..." He slurred. He clutched tightly to my shoulder; my insides were squirming with pain. "I went out with a friend from here...and y'know, ended up here."

Slowly, I gently pushed him onto the sofa, my body filled with sheer relief. Jimmy was heavier than he looked! He curled up slightly, and yawned. We all watched him, as his eyes drifted shut. A relieved gasp escaped Netty...

"Hey! You don't go gaspin' now, okay?" I inwardly groaned. Our chance for peace had been ruined. Netty dropped her gaze guiltily. Jimmy was a star, everyone knew that, but when drunk... He was as irritating as a pestering toddler.

My eyes became heavy.... Jimmy was snoring... Stampy was watching the telly... Then all went black.

***

"Morning, Sqaish," A voice whispered. Shapes began to form around me: the room was dull, and a lump was next to me. The "lump" turned shifted, and Jimmy's face was grinning towards me.

"Wait... Why am I here? What happened?" Alarm crossed his face, "Sqaish? What are you doing here? This is Netty's house."

I giggled.

"You were drunk, Timmy!" I exclaimed. The alarm on his face disappeared, changing to dread and fear.

"No..."

"Yes!" A voice called from outside of the room. Footsteps echoed, and then Netty appeared, rubbing her eyes. Her hair, though messy, looked incredible; a bun was piled on top of her almond shaped head, kept in by a coral scrunchy.

"I need to go!" Jimmy admitted hurriedly.

"You can't stay?" Netty asked, with a pleading smile. I joined in.

The guy was clearly conflicted, but after contemplation, he gave in to his heart, "If you insist..."

We cheered, our spirits rising, despite the early, dreary, morning.

Jimmy was staying, and we were bound to have fun.

That was until my phone beeped, and a dramatic turn of events was about to unfold...