Chapter 21: Forgiveness

-Sqaishey's POV-

"Alexander Hamilton! We are waiting in the wings for you!" I sang along, as the opening number rang through the room. I was on top of the world, seeing something I had only ever dreamed of.
  Tyler and I sang along to all of our favourites, including Yorktown and Schulyer Sisters.
  As it was a song about cheating, Say No To This could not have been more awkward. We tensed up and murmured the lines, trying to ignore the awkward lyrics.
   But then we were having fun... until the end, where we cried, clapped and cried some more. It was perfect.

   "It's over..." I gasped as the red velvet closed. In the moment, without thinking, I threw my arms around Tyler.
"Thank you," I whispered. "That was the most amazing thing I've ever seen." Tyler grinned triumphantly.
"I'm glad. Next time we go see Dear Evan Hansen?" I smiled, until he realised he was being serious.
"I'm not so sure yet. We just have to see which way the wind blows. We could take Issy and the others with us next time!" I suggested. Tyler's face darkened for a millisecond, before he quickly recovered himself.
"Ready to go in the limo?" He asked politely.
"Yeah..." I said while taking one last look at the golden lights and crystal chandelier. Never was I ever going to forget this."
We made our way out, our eyes peeled open for any of the cast, and any other people worthy of meeting.
Outside, as I walked along the pavement with my black heels, Tyler clutched my arm, ready to catch me if I fell. Heels weren't my thing- I had only worn them for Broadway.
We chatted on the way to the car park, until a black car blasted its horn at us. I jumped.
"Beth Bates!" A voice yelled from within the Mercedes. The window eventually wound down, revealing a Carla, a sloppy grin hanging on her face.
  Issy leaned over so she was on our line of sight. "Carla's a little bit tipsy but it's fine!" She called to us. "Come in!"
  Carla got out and opened the door for us- or at least I thought it was. As I clambered across the seats, Carla slammed the door in Tyler's face before any of us could say anything else.
  He gaped at us as we drove away, me laughing hysterically.
  "Did you have fun?" Erin asked. She was sat in the back with me, her eyes lined with shadows; it was 11:30pm.
  "Oh my goodness, it was amazing!" I gushed, my heart racing at the thought.
  "And what about Tyler? I'm not tipsy by the way. Just excited," Carla asked.
  "Oh, he was fine. I mean, I was a bit stupid to go with him, but I had the most amazing time," I replied before laughing. "Say No To This was awkward though." I added with a giggle.
  I glanced out of the window, watching the city lights fly by. Even at this time people were scurrying around town (though many were stumbling like they'd lost their ability to walk). However, as I watched in awe, I sensed something wrong.
  "Hang on..." I said, fear creeping up my throat. "This is heading the wrong way. We're going the wrong way!"
  "No we're not." Erin replied with an air of nonchalance. She squeezed my hand. "Trust me."

  We stopped outside a small café, which advertised being open until 2:00am. Relief and confusion filled me.
  "Come on." Carla demanded as soon as we halted. The four of us headed in, and walked up to the counter.
  "Four burgers and chips, please. And four mango and passionfruit smoothies," Carla told the plump woman behind the counter. She kept staring oddly at Issy, who was frantically typing into her phone with a small smile.
  "If you'd like to take a seat, I'll bring it o'er in a minute, okay?" The woman asking with a strong Southern accent.
  We perched on some read sofas, one way too big for the four of us, and began to chat.
  That was until the bathroom door began to open, and four confident looking people exited. Four confident looking people I knew. Four confident people that I'd just seen perform in Broadway.
  My heart began to hammer, even more so when they started heading towards us. The girls beside me shuffled up to allow room for them as I stared blankly.
  "Hi, Beth," Phillipa Soo said softly to me. My heart raced and my thoughts were a mess. She looked at the others: Lin Manuel Miranda (Hamilton), Angelica, and Arron Burr were smiling at me directly.
  "We're about to fix your relationship," they sang with perfect harmonies.
  "And it starts with you handing us your phone!"