Chapter 22: Video

-Sqaishey's POV-

A little reluctantly, I handed Phillipa my mobile. She looked at her fellow cast members, a silent understanding running between them.
"One, two, three!" She called, pressing the record video on the camera.
"Hi, Joe! I'm Phillipa Soo, and these are my fellow Hamilton cast members, and we'd really like you to know that it was all that Tyler's doing. Beth didn't have anything to do with the kiss, she was a victim. We even have a song to sing to prove it..."

"She's innocent, ya! She is innocent, woo! She didn't do anything wrong, so you gotta forgive her! Please, oh oh oh." (Don't ask what this song is 😂 I'll change it when I think of a better combination of lyrics)

"Please forgive her Joe. If you don't, well we can easily take her away to be on Broadway. She's a great singer," Lin Manuel-Miranda joked, while my cheeks flushed a bright pink. "Thanks for listening." He pressed the stop button and turned to me with a smile.
  "I hope it works," he said, handing my phone back to me. My cheeks ached from smiling so much.
   "If that doesn't do it, the who knows what will?" Reneé remarked. "Did you order drinks for us?"

  We chatted for a whole two hours telling jokes and stories, anything really. Everything was going so well until after an hour my phone began to ring. I looked up at Carla.
  "Tyler," I told her, referring to the name displayed on the screen. Carla held her hand out, before I gave her my phone. To say it was mine, I seemed to be the only one not using my phone.
   "What do you want?" Carla answered the phone coldly. "Yeah, we are in a café downtown for your information. We're with the Hamilton cast." There was an awkward pause.
  "You want me to prove it? Really?" She scoffed, before mouthing to say hi. Everyone did, and then the Hamilton cast started singing.
  "You weren't planning to do that, were you? No." Carla said dryly. "Just leave her alone, Tyler." Without saying anymore, she hung up.

  "I was wondering what you thought of theatre," Phillipa confided in me later, taking a sip of her smoothie. She'd pulled me aside for a moment, leaving me wondering what the heck was happening.
  "Oh. I really like it... why?" I responded, startled.
  "Well... I think you should audition for something. A musical maybe? I've seen your singing videos- you have a beautiful voice." Pippa continued.
  "It's not great." I argued.
   "It is. Anyway, how about I give you my number?" The actress suggested, as I gasped. "I'll keep you updated about any auditions. You'd be great!"
   "But it would be so long staying here in America. At least a year," I whispered.
  "I know, but just think about it. Theatre is something to be treasured. My life would be incomplete without it."
  "Okay, thanks."

  Eventually, it was time to leave. We exchanged hugs and handshakes, tears stinging my eyes. I had Phillipa Soo's number inserted in my phone and I was nothing but star struck.
  As we reached the car, I exhaled. "Did that really just happen?" I breathed.
  "It did!" Erin squeaked. "Did Joe message you back?" I frowned.
  "I haven't checked," I remarked, pulling open my text messages. There, an unopened message sat in my inbox.

Stampy- If you can get world successful actors and actresses to convince me, I think you're innocent xx

"He replied to me!" I squealed. As I performed a happy dance in my seat, I realised that this was the feeling of elation running through me, and nothing could bring me down.