Chapter 17: Will I?

-Sqaishey's POV-

He was so close, I could smell his sickly cologne. My heart raced as he pushed a lock of hair behind my ear, sending all sorts of thoughts into my pounding brain. And then... it happened.
He kissed me, gently. My heart stopped, as my mind screamed. I couldn't function, no matter how hard I tried. Tyler continued, as I just sat there in horror. Until, finally, I had it in me to pull away, a little more violently than I had wanted to.
"Tyler!" I confronted. His eyes were wide, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.
"I thought... I thought you like me." He muttered. I scoffed.
"I have a boyfriend! We're happy! And you? I met you a few days ago, what were you even thinking?" Once I opened my mouth I couldn't stop the trail of words.
   Tyler hung his head, a frown etched upon his face. "I don't know..." he mumbled. I scoffed in disgust.
   "Well. Maybe thinking about it will do you good." I said, a mixture of hurt and confusion filling me. Before he could open his mouth to say any more, I stood up icily. "See you."
     "Beth-" he called out. With no regrets, I had already turned away, walking towards the estate of apartments as quickly as my legs would carry me.

                              •••

"Afternoon!" Issy called out to me as I walked past. A layer of sweat was forming on my skin, and my hair was hot to the touch. Without any malicious intentions, I ignored her.
    "Beth?" She called. My fingers fumbled with the keys, as I tried to escape Issy's voice. By now I was on the verge of tears; no one wanted to see me when I was sobbing. Eventually the door gave way, and I ran up the staircase into the bathroom.
     The white tiled walls were freezing against my head, but I didn't care. The tears poured out of my eyes, smudging my eyeliner and clumping my eyelashes. I didn't care... all I felt was a bottomless hole in my stomach.
"Beth?" I heard a voice whisper through the door. Instantly I recognised it as Issy's.
"I'm... busy!" I called back, desperately trying, in vain, to disguise my wobbling voice.
"Beth," Issy started softly, "I'm coming in." The handle twisted slightly and Issy walked in. Her read hair was tied back in a low ponytail, and her face expressed concern.
    "Oh my gosh! What's up?" She perched beside me, wrapping her arms around me. For a while, I just sobbed into her shoulder as she comforted me.
    "It... it's Tyler," I managed after an eternity.
    "What about him?" Issy asked gently, with so demand in her tone.
    "He... he tried," I hiccuped. "He kissed me." Issy gasped and her eyes darkened.
    "What?" She gasped, her body tense.
    "I don't know... it just... happened."
Issy paused.
    "Hold on. I need answers," she bent to stand up. "Will you be okay? I'll send Carla over."
   "Okay," I murmured. And I sat there, staring at the wall with my tears clinging to my skin tightly.

                        •••

"What did he do?" Carla demanded, her face a mixture of concern and anger. "What has he done to upset you?" Her blonde hair hung loosely in waves. It relaxes me a little to see this normality.
    "He tried to kiss me," I replied lamely. Carla's mouth dropped.
    "He did what?" She asked me, her fists clenching into balls.
   "You heard me..."
    "Oh gosh... no, Tyler. Stupid, stupid guy." She muttered under her breath. My breath caught on that.
"What do you mean?" I questioned, my voice small.
"I know why he did it..." Carla admitted. My heart started pounding. Was this some sort of act? Should I have trusted Carla? Was it worth going home and forgetting about this?
"Beth...he's all over place. Ever since his girlfriend left him, he can't think straight. That's why he rushed into it. Music was his only way out, but we haven't started composing our own yet."
"And?"
"I don't know, Beth. I'm sorry it happened to you, I really am. But these feeling of his... they're not real. So wipe those tears away- let's forget this ever happened."
I hope she was right, that I could forget this. But I wasn't so sure.

----------------------------------------------
Despite the real Carla's acts, he's still alive! 😮