Chapter 24: Revelations

-Stampy's POV-

"Did I really just hear that?" Sqaishey whispered to me. My eyes were still wide with shock, and my heart raced from the sneaking around.
"What do we do?" I hissed. Sqaishey paused to think.
"I think we should ask her about it. What if she was having an affair? We at least need to know the details..." Sqaishey confided. With a tinge of guilt, I nodded.
"Right. I'll go knock." I said hesitantly, not sure about how my sister would react.

"Come in..." My sister called through the door, while I stood awkwardly. I'd said my goodbyes to Sqaishey in order to have some privacy, and to make the atmosphere... more relaxed, though it was bound to to be an uncomfortable conversation for my sister.
"Hey," I greeted with a twisted smile. Netty turned her head away from the telly that was displaying a French version of a film I didn't know. My sister paused it, revealing it to be Bring It On.
"Oh, hiya. I thought you were going to be Martyn because he's due back soon." I nodded, inside realising with horror that he hadn't heard Netty on the phone.
"Umm... I wanted to talk to you about something, actually," I said assertively, wringing my hands together and feeling the moisture between them.
"Yeah? What?" Netty asked perkily.
"I heard you on the phone to Tom earlier," I promoted, and watched as dear flashed in Netty's eyes.
"Oh, right," Netty said. She turned the screen off completely; she had been staring at it for the past few moments.
I cleared my throat. "You were with Tom?" Netty turned away.
"Yep," she replied icily, clearly not wanting to speak about the matter.
"When?" I pressed, wondering if there really was something scandalous on our shores.
   "Does it really matter?"
I scoffed. "It does if it means you were cheating on Martyn!" I yelled.
  "I cheated on Martyn? Are you actually deluded?" Netty boomed. I never expected her to be able to raise her voice so much.
My temper finally fully exploded, like a drink finally been spilt after rocking in someone's hand sloppily for hours.
  "Well, someone needs to know if you cheated on Martyn! He doesn't deserve this!" I erupted. Netty hung her head in shame, and I laughed at the helpless sight.
  Someone cleared their throat at the door and, knowing immediately who it was, we turned in horror.
  "Netty, you cheated on me?" Martyn asked quietly, his eyes filled with tears. Something dropped from his hand, which I darted forward to catch.
  I stared for a while, my skin going white. I looked over at my sister, who was oblivious to the black, velvet ring box in my hand...