Chapter 4

P.S:don't forget to vote

I was in class it was 4 p.m. I made my own schedule that way so I can return late since I hate coming to the dorm early, it was my last period I still had half an hour and I'm free.

"So class today we're going to talk about love and I'm going to give you a subject you'll have to write an essay about, this will be your grade for this semester so you still have about three months" Everyone groaned, me included, even if I seemed like a nerd I still hate doing essays.

"Yes Miss Linton? "

"What kind of love? "

"We're talking about, parents love, couples love, relatives love, friends love, best friends love, you can talk about any kind of love"

" I'm so going to talk about couples love" she said

"The real question is: ››What kind of love last longer?‹‹ This will be your subject for this essay" What kind of love last most? I actually don't know... I mean I experienced parents love while it lasted, I still didn't experience real couple love, friends love? I don't know, best friend love? never had one, so I won't know what kind of love last longer.

" you can go now" she said and she was the first one out of class, she sure loves her job.

I packed my things and started walking to the dorm, I still haven't forgot our little argument but I can't blame the guy he didn't know and me being the kind person I am forgave and forgot.

I decided to make a homemade pizza since I am saving up my money, I really need to start working I need the money... Tomorrow after class I will go look for a job.

I got to my dorm and started making pizza, Corbyn's probably in his room. After putting the pizza in the oven I sat on the chair and started thinking about subject for the essay.

What kind of love last longer?

When my parents were alive they used to be at work most of the time so I didn't actually experienced parents love but I know deep down that you love me I started remembering the moments we spent together when they came home early those were really good memories.

Suddenly I smell something burning, I shot out of my seat and looked at the oven, smoke were coming out of it, I quickly walked to the oven and place my hands on it so I can open it, my eyes closed as I could feel my fingers getting burned , Corbyn walked inside in a hurry.

"What happened? " he saw the smoke, I grabbed a towel and opened the oven after turning it off.

"What is wrong with you? You could have burned down the dorm, you're just like little kids, we can't leave you alone, you're such a disappointment" he yelled at me.
Tears started to form in my eyes, he's right I am a disappointment, I can't seem to do anything right. Why did it always happen to me? Why?

" I'm sorry, I'm really sorry for being a disappointment" I choked then ran to my room, tears started pouring down my face like a river, I couldn't stop crying. I was a disappointment to my parents, to Corbyn, to everyone. Why couldn't I do anything right?
Sobbing into my pillow I heard someone knock on the door but I was too busy crying.

"Melody? Can I come in? " Corbyn asked softly.

"Please l-leave me alone" I wasn't just crying because of what I am, but also because my fingers were burning and it made me feel so much pain.

"Okay if you say so I'll come in" and with that he came inside, I was clutching my hand for dear life still crying.
Corbyn must have noticed, his face softened and he walked slowly toward me.

"Melody give me your hands" I did as I was told.
"You burned them didn't you? " I nodded "Come on" he took me to the couch in our living room and made me sit. He grabbed the first aid kit from the kitchen and started taking care of my hands.

"Thank you" I whispered since I stopped sobbing and now it was just sniffles.

"Come here" he sat on the couch, I put my head on his lap and laid on the couch he started playing slowly with my hair and I was about to fall asleep.
"Don't you want to eat? I can order pizza"

"No keep your money for better things to spend on"

"Money is no problem at all"

"What do you mean? Don't you have saved up money or limited money from your parents? "

"Um- never mind" he was acting strange but I was too tired to care.

"Okay" I said while yawning then darkness took over me.