Chapter 6

"Your favourite people just came and made your day better" Zach said walking inside our dorm with jaxon behind him.

"Nice to see you guys again but I really need to go now, if you want anything to eat I made lasagna" I said to the boys

"Where are you going" Corbyn said walking inside the living room.

"Um,W-well... Yes! I'm going shopping"

"You? Shopping? What do you take us for? Idiots? Dumb people? Corbyn said raising his brow at me.

"Okay, okay, you got me but please don't tell anyone"

"We won't" the three said at the same time

"Promise? "

"We promise now tell us"

"Wait one more thing... You guys won't think any lower of me right? " they shared glances but shook their head

"I'm going to look for a job" I said to them

"A job? "

"For what? "

"I need the money so I can survive this year"

"Don't your parents help you with the payments? " Zach asked me, I looked at the floor, should I tell them? I mean it wouldn't hurt to let it out right? I hope I'm doing the right thing. I took a deep breath and looked at them

"We're not a rich family and they need the money to cover up the bills"I said, yes I lied but I didn't want them to think I was some girl with no parents.
Corbyn looked at me confused, narrowing his eyes at me which I ignored.

"Oh okay then, I hope you find a nice job" Jax said

"Thank you... Well see you later" I waved at them and walked out.

"Wait Melody" I turned and saw Corbyn "Do you want me to give you a ride? That'll make things easier for you... wait that came out wrong"

I chuckled at his perverted self "No thank you, but thanks for the offer" I said smiling a bit.

"Okay then, see ya" he said then went back inside.

***
It has been 3 hours since I started looking for a job and apparently luck wasn't on my side, I was walking back to my dorm when I saw a paper on a restaurant window that's said "Need workers" so I took that as my chance and walked inside to the counter.

"Hello what can I get for you? " A pretty girl at the counter welcomed me, she was in her late twenties but she was still pretty and sweet.

"Hey, I saw the sign that you wanted workers? "

"Yeah we need help since our last worker here left, are you interested? " she asked me

"Well yes, I actually need the money to keep up with food payment and those university stuff"

"Okay honey, you just have to fill these papers then you can start tomorrow from six p.m to ten p.m, is that alright with your schedule? "

"Yes! It's perfect, thank you so much! " I was probably smiling like a lunático (it means lunatic in english, but saying it in Spanish made it so much cooler), I was so happy I finally found a job so screw how I looked, I filled the papers that she gave me then she handed me my costume, it was a normal waitress costume, not too long nor too short. She placed my outfit in a bag and I took it, thanking her one more time before making my way to the dorm.

When I got there it was nine and a half Corbyn was sitting on the couch watching TV when he heard me walking inside he muted the give TV.

"So how did it go? Found any job?"

"Yes there was a restaurant about 10 minutes away from here who the manager needed a worker the restaurant is called 'sundaes restaurant'"

"Oh I know that restaurant I used to go there, so when will you start?"

"Tomorrow from 6 to 10 p.m"

"What? Why?"

"Well that's the only free time I have and I really need the money but I have Saturday and Sunday as free days" I told him and he sight "I hope this job goes well for you, if anything happens you can tell me and the guys"

"Okay, thank you Cor" I said sending a half-hearted smile toward him

"Cor? No, no way you're calling me that"

"Okay... Cor" I said chuckling and started walking to my room

"Melody?"

"Yeah Cor?" He rolled his eyes at me but continued anyway

"How come didn't you tell the guys about your mother? And if your mother is dead then where is your father?"

"First I didn't want to be the girl with no parents and secondly yes you guessed it my father is also dead"

"Oh... I'm sorry for your loss, but even though you went through this I won't pity you"

"Thank you Cor" I gave him another genuine smile because that was exactly what I always wanted to hear... Well not exactly exactly but you know what I mean, with that I walked inside my room.