24| A Possible War

Sebastian

Being close to Maribell without touching her was just... awful. I knew... I had to be patient with her and I knew it was working, slowly... But it was.

I didn't know what made her get so tense when I touched her. It was frustrating that instead of walking forward we were doing the opposite.

But then she asked me to cuddle her... I watched her sleeping, because I couldn't. My wolf demanded me to mark her. He was confused and didn't understand that if I did, she would hate us.

It was finally morning. I slowly got out of my bed so she wouldn't wake up. I had to talk to Alpha Edward. I knew he didn't come to visit. He would.

I took a quick shower and dressed myself. I looked at Maribell who was sleeping peacefully. I learned closer to her and kissed her forehead.

She slowly opened her beautiful grey eyes and smiled softly.

"Shhh... I'm sorry I didn't want to wake you up." I whispered while I cupped my hand on her cheek.

"It's okay. You have to work today?" She asked and I nodded. "Oh... okay then..."

She kissed my cheek and laid her head on the grey pillow and closed her eyes.

I got out of my room and saw Edward was already in the living room. I knew he had something important to tell me.

"What is it?" I asked while I went downstairs.

"A possibly war." He said seriously.

"Let's go to my office." I said.

I didn't like wars. Even though my pack was strong enough to fight against any pack, I didn't like the fact that wars destroyed or ended many innocent lives.

As an Alpha I had to take care of my own Pack, even if that meant my death.

"Tell me." I said when we got in my office.

"Alpha Axel." Alpha Edward started. "He wants to destroy the most weak Packs. He wants to expand his land."

Alpha Axel. He had an obsession with power. He didn't think want to stop. He couldn't.

"Is he trying to mess with my pack... or yours?" I asked in disbelief.

"No... our packs are some of the strongest. He wants to destroy packs that could never even try to resist and one of them is the Argentum Pack..."

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! What the fuck?!" I said angrily. "Maribell's Pack!"

Edward slowly nodded.

"The Argentum Pack is doesn't even make borders with his!" I shouted out loud. I was so upset! I knew that would make Maribell sad, I knew that would.

"He doesn't think that way... Actually, He thinks that they are worthless. If they can't make money, Then they don't deserve to live."

"Fuck!" I yelled. I heaved a sigh slowly. "Thank you for telling me."

"This is a topic to discuss in the Alpha's reunion." Edward said. "And I will help you... in everything."

"Thanks..."

Edward was my friend. My best friend. If someone messed with one of us, He messed with the both.

"Where did you find that human anyway?" I asked surprised. It was really rare finding humans mated to werewolves. The thing was that Edward hated them. Badly.

I didn't mind them. I just thought that they didn't make any difference...

"In Alden's Pack. Freya Smith is kind of a legend."