37| One of Us

Maribell

"How does she know you?" Sebastian asked for the tenth time.

"I don't know!" I growled frustrated. "I. Don't. Know! And she didn't greet me, She was greeting Amarah, my wolf." I sighed.

"And how did Amarah feel?"

"She- I- don't know..." I said frustrated.

"How don't you know?!" He yelled at me.

"I just don't!" I yelled back. But then I heard a knock on the door.

I got up to open the door of our room and saw Zainah and Alpha Alden. She held his arm with so much force that it looked like she depended on him to breathe.

"Hello, Luna Maribell, I'm sorry to bother you but Zainah seemed to like you and she doesn't want to talk to anyone besides me so I thought-"

"...that she would talk to me." I looked at the girl with crystalline eyes. Her face and hair were dirty and I believed that the rest of her body was.

"Hey..." I said to her. She looked at me and smiled.

"Hey..?" She arched an eyebrow.

"My name is Maribell." I smiled.

"You and Amarah are so different." She smiled looking at my eyes.

I looked at Sebastian who was right behind me.

"Where do you know my mate?" Sebastian asked in a demanding tone.

Zainah hid her face in Alpha Alden's arm. "He's scary..." She murmured.

"Sebastian... she's just a girl. She can't hurt me." I smiled to Alpha Alden. "My mate is just a bit... overprotective"

"Come in... She needs a bath..." I said touching her shoulder. "Come with me..."

"I want to stay with my mate..." She said childishly. She sounded like she was six years old.

"You need to clean yourself. Fix your hair... your mate will love it." I smiled. "You can trust me."

She gave me her palid hand hesitantly.

I took her to the hand and took her inside of my room. "Okay, Zainah, you're going to take a bath and then I'll comb you hair..."

"Why do you have to be so frickin' kind with her?!" - I finally heard Amarah speaking inside me.

"You don't like her?!" I asked.

"Come on! Look at this bitch who looks like she's coming from nowhere and then she says my name."

"Maybe because she knows you."

"I don't fucking know her." Amarah sighed. "Now, I'm going to shut my mouth up because she can hear us talking..."

"What-"

I looked at Zainah, she was looking at me.

"Can you-"

"Hear Amarah?" She smiled, I can. "I wonder why can't you..."

"Why can't I?"

She looked at me with the same confusion I had in my mind. But she didn't say anything.

"Can I take my bath?" She asked.

"Y-yeah... ahm... Let me just fill this tub with warm water..." I smiled.

I filled the tub with water, I added more and more soap, because she seemed to enjoy it.

While she played with the water, I washed and combed her hair. Her hair was so beautiful and shiny. It was dark, making an amazing contrast with her palid white skin and crystalline eyes.

After her bath I gave her a towel. She wrapped a towel around her.

I looked for some clothes to her. We had the room for ourselves, since Sebastian and Alpha Alden went for a walk.

I showed Zainah my favourite clothes. I loved dresses. I didn't like pants. Maybe because I only got to wear pants when I met Sebastian.

Zainah tried everything. She seemed to be excited. She loved wearing jeans.

"How will I shift?" She finally asked me. "Will I be able to shift with this things on my body."

When the moon goddess sent Lunar wolves to the earth, she sent them naked.

"You can take off your clothes and shift."

She nodded in understatement. "Can see my mate? Please? I miss him."

I smiled. "Okay. But you can't depend on your mate so much..."

"But he's my mate. It is my right to stay with him." She said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Amarah knows that better than anyone." She finally said innocently.

"Okay. That's enough. How do you know Amarah, where did you meet her?"

She smiled. "Can't you see, Maribell? You're one of us!"

...