38| First signs

Maribell

I was shocked. Me?! A lunar wolf.

Lunar wolves were sent by the Moon Godess, they weren't born. So it was impossible that I was one.

That Zainah girl was maybe hungry and couldn't think straight.

"Yah right." I smiled and took her hand. "Come, let's eat something."

"Will we be eating the chocolate cake? Or just the chocolate. I love chocolate."

"You aren't alone in that. I love chocolate too. But we need to eat food too! Is that okay?" She smiled and nodded.

I took her outside. Most of Alphas and Lunas loved to relax in the pool and just have fun. They didn't even look like so powerful.

I spotted Alpha Alden and Sebastian at one table talking with Freya and Alpha Edward. There was fifth person I couldn't recognise.

The closer we got from them, I started recognising the girl... Olimphelia!

What was she doing there?! So close to my mate! Why was she touching him?!

I sighed and faked a smiled. "Hey guys."

Zainah ran to her mate. She was so cute! She didn't even sit on one of the free chairs, she sat on her mate's lap. Alpha Alden smiled and kissed her cheek.

I took Zainah's chair, since mine was occupied by Olimphelia.

"Luna Maribell! We were talking about you! I wondered, why haven't you and Alpha Sebastian haven't mated yet."

"And I answered her that we like taking everything slow." Sebastian smiled at me but I turned my face and looked at Freya.

"We already ordered our food. I hope you like pizza!"

"Is it vegetarian?" I asked. I still had to learn about many things.

"We asken a vegetarian for you, don't worry." Freya said and smiled and I smiled back.

When I turned when I heard Sebastian and Ophelia laughing like two sick hienas.

I felt my wolf jumping inside me. But I had to control myself...

"Maribell?" I heard Freya calling me. I looked at her. "Oh God!" She whispered. "Your eyes..."

"My eyes? What's wrong with them?!"

"Excuse us... we're going to the bathroom." Freya grabbed my hand and we both ran.

I almost jumped when I saw myself in the mirror. My eyes were-

"Just like Zainah's!" Freya yelled while I tried to understand what exactly was wrong with me, with my body... with my wolf...

"How will I fix this?!" I said almost desperate.

"I don't know..."

I took a deep breath and the first person that came in my mind was Theo. He could help me. I called him.

"Hello?" I heard Theo's voice. Huskier than the normal.

"Theo... I need you here... I'm in the ladies bathroom. I- I-" I couldn't even explain to my brother what was happening to me, So Freya took the phone and spoke to him.

"Okay we'll be waiting for you..." Freya said and hung up the phone after she explained Theo where we were.

"I can hear them laughing."

"Who?" Freya asked.

"Sebastian and his friend. I can hear Zainah, your mate, Alpha Alden..."

"But that's normal for you isn't it?" Freya asked looking like she was going to freak out.

"It is... But I can also see them."

"See them?"

I could. As if I was there. I could see Ophelia and Sebastian laughing. They talked about how amazing their times were in high school. Edward agreed. Alpha Alden said that he enjoyed maths, he was the best, after Theo, of course. Zainah listened to them happily but I could sense that she could sense me. Ophelia's hand hand were touching my mate and-

"Maribell!" I looked at Theo who was in front of me. "Can you see me?"

I nodded. "I can see everything!"

He hugged me. Instantly. "Everything is going to be fine. I'm going to find out what's wrong with you. Okay?"

"Okay." I trembled in my brother's arms.

"Let me take out of here. I brought you sunglasses, so nobody sees the colour of your eyes."

I wore the sunglasses. The plan was going back to my room without anyone noticing me or specifically, my eyes.

But when I saw Ophelia's hand on my mate's face. I felt Amarah taking control.

I couldn't resist. I was going to kill somebody today.

"Enough!" I didn't even recognize my voice. My hands were on Ophelia's neck. "Get your hands out of my mate!"

"Maribell!" I heard Sebastian calling me, but I just couldn't move.

"Amarah stop!" I kept yelling at Amarah, but she just couldn't listen to me. She was too jealous, too angry.

"Maribell, stop." Sebastian held my arm. But with an abnormal force, for us werewolves, I threw him away and he almost fell.

"Oh my-" I heard Zainah say. "Don't touch her! She's going to hurt you!"

Zainah held my arm. The same arm Sebastian held. "It's okay, Amarah... it's okay. Don't worry."

I let Ophelia's neck go.

I was gaining control again. I looked at Sebastian and Then at Theo. I looked at Zainah who was right beside me.

"Everything is okay, Maribell."

I passed out.

...