thirteen

(a month later)

we arrived at alex's parents' house in denmark, and my heart fluttered nervously when he knocked on the door.

alex squeezed my hand reassuringly when his mum opened the door, immediately pulling her son into a hug.

"hey, mum." alex said as she let go of him.

"hi, alex. i missed you." she said, and grinned at her son, before looking to me, "hello, gorgeous. you can't be georgia, you're much too pretty for alex." she teased and i blushed lightly, thanking her with a smile.

"i know, she is." alex said, walking into the house as i stepped inside, and was hugged by alex's mum as well.

"thank you for having me." i said.

"that's no problem." she smiled, leading me into the living room where alex's dad and sister were, both of who i was introduced to.

"do the two of you want to go and start getting ready? we're going out for a meal in about forty minutes." alex's mum said and i followed alex upstairs to his room.

"you're so cute with my family." he smiled, closing his bedroom door and leaning down to press a kiss to my lips.

"they're all so nice." i returned his smile, "i don't know what went wrong with you." i teased playfully and he laughed lightly.

i woke up and slowly opened my eyes, as my hand came up to my mouth to cover a yawn.

a little smile turned the corners of my mouth up as i remembered what day it was, and i turned over so i was facing alex.

he began to stir slightly, so i pushed myself up so that my weight was on my elbows, and leant down to kiss him softly.

after only a few moments, he was kissing me back and he smiled into the kiss, so i pulled away to mumble, "happy birthday, babe."

"thank you." he said, his eyes momentarily staying closed as i pressed a few kisses to his jaw.

he sat up and pulled me so that i was straddling his waist, and he easily took the t-shirt i was wearing off of me, before leaning in to close the gap between our lips again.

i got up and alex watched me as i did, looking at my body, just in pants, before i grabbed a crop top and pulled it on, along with a pair of grey, fitted, comfy tracksuit bottoms.

"come on." i laughed lightly and alex got up, getting dressed as i walked downstairs and was met by his mum, as alex and i were saying at his parents' house for his birthday.

"good morning." his mum smiled to me and i returned it, thanking her when she offered me a mug of tea which i gladly accepted, before talking to aila, alex's sister.

a minute later i felt a pair of familiar, strong arms wrap around my waist, and aila smiled to her brother, saying, "happy birthday."

"thanks." alex grinned, letting go of me to hug his sister, before taking the mug out of my hands and drinking most of the contents.

"wow, cheers." i laughed sarcastically.

"can you say 'cheers' again?" aila asked, before blushing, "sorry, i just love british accents, and yours is so nice." she said.

"aw, cheers." i repeated for aila, "and i love all of your accents." i said, as i was from england, but alex and his family were from denmark, which is where we currently were.