sunshine.

Trigger Warnings: Swearing, Abusive Parents

Hello, my name is Dottie and this is my life story.
I guess you could say I've had it rough. Though, to explain that... I'd have to start from the very beginning. And by that, I mean the VERY beginning.

It all started when I was two years old. I had a normal childhood up from that point, a mom, a dad, a brother, a sister, and even a family cat.

August 2nd 12:24 P.M, I remember it so clearly. I was in an ambulance, sitting on my dads lap. My sister and brother were at daycare. My mother was in the bed, currently unconscious. Her breath was very faint. The blue and red lights were blaring loudly and it seemed like everyone was in a rush. I held my mothers hand in silence, probably because I was too young to understand what was going on. She slowly turned her head towards me and looked me dead in the eyes. The living figure who's eyes were once filled with light and joy were now drained from all emotions. She pulled someone out of her pocket, and then handed it to me. It appeared to be a necklace. It had this beautiful silver flower on the front, and two white pearls to the sides. She whispered so softly that it was almost impossible to hear her. "Dottie... please look after your father. I'll love you forever my sunshine."

All of a sudden the machine she was hooked up to stopped beeping, and she smiled at me, and closed her eyes. I looked up at a medic and asked her why she wasn't awake. The medic kneeled down to me and told me she had bronchial cancer. At the time, I had no idea what that was.

My dad had a hard time getting over that, he started to smoke. He still cared for us the best he could though. It wasn't until I was 6, when my little brother was diagnosed with bronchial cancer too. My dads face went white. Jack, my brother, died one day before his birthday.

This left my twin sister, me, and my dad. Daddy started going out every other night. He would come home late with a random girl, and make lots of weird noises in the bedroom. Worse came to worse when I was 14. My twin sister, Delia, was diagnosed with lung cancer. I cried for hours on end because of her. I begged her not to leave me, I begged her not to leave me alone in this cruel world. I didn't want t I stay alone with dad. Daddy bought a cat at my sister 2nd year of cancer. No one else in my family has ever made it this far. We thought she was cured, and that our prayers had been answered.

It's safe to say we were wrong. She passed away the night after we got turtle, our kitten. Delia was perfect up until that point. She was so smart, and talented. She was athletic and quick-witted. She was everything daddy and mommy had ever asked for. And the she was gone. She was gone as if someone had snapped their fingers. I was the less talented one, I wasn't smart, or athletic. I was somehow the uglier twin. The only thing different about us was that I have blue eyes while she had green.

This left only me and daddy in the house. Mind you, my self esteem was already low enough as it was but the fact that everyone I ever cared for was gone... it really made me unmotivated. Daddy started drinking and going out every single night. Luckily, most of the time he would pass out as soon as he reached the couch. However, when he wasn't passed out, he was angry. He loved Delia and would often assume I'm her only to find out that I'm not. He would get awfully mad because of this, and would take it out on me. I won't get into to much detail, but let's just say that I need a lot of first-aid kits.

-Back To Present-

8th grade. It's my very first year at Phoenix drop high. Am I excited? Absolutely not... but I'll give it a chance! Standing in front of the mirror, looking at myself. I'll often cover up my face, it gets me hurt less after all. I really doubt however, that I'll be allowed to wear a hood in class.

'Ugh... uniforms...' I think in my head as I slip on the skirt and button up the top. Uniforms are the actual worse! We should be allowed to express ourselves uniquely. I could care less about some 'school spirit.' I walk downstairs slowly, as I'm not sure if my dad is awake or not. I sigh of relief as I saw his unconscious body on the couch. Bottles of booze surround the stained couch. I tiptoe over to his pocket, and successfully grab his wallet. I slip a few ten dollar bills into my hand and head out. My part-time job at a coffee store doesn't pay enough. It's normal to steal from "Dad". The only thing you need to worry about though is getting caught. I've only got caught one time, and he ironed my fingers for that. I had burns for weeks!

We can't afford the school bus, so I just take the normal city one. While waiting at the bus stop, I notice a green-haired werewolf shivering next to me. Confused, I felt a cold breeze on my legs and then felt a drop of rain. Dear lord... this day was gonna be awful.