Chapter Twelve

They break away from the kiss, their eyes still lingering on each other. Cassandra was nervous and didn't know what to do next. Aaron steadily flicks his eyes to her soft lips wanting to kiss them again. 

"That was-" Aaron was cut off by Cassandra. 

"It was bad wasn't it. Oh God! It's me isn't it?" Cassandra frantically said covering her face. 

Aaron bursts into a fit of laughter. The sounds alarming Cassandra, like she did something wrong. Cassandra can feel the tears building up in her eyes, the rejection too pain full for her to endure, and the embarrassment. She was about to exit the car but Aaron can see the tears in her eyes.

"No, no, no! You didn't do anything wrong. Shit, I liked it. Don't go. I'm sorry for being a dickhead." Aaron quickly apologizes. 

Cassandra can feel the wetness in her eyes leave. A sigh of relief escapes her mouth as she smiles and laughs with Aaron. 

"I thought you were about to crush my little heart." Cassandra says. 

"I would never do that." 

Aaron opens the passenger door for her. They walk hand in hand to her front door. Aunt Vye watches them from the window. All of her family members are in  the house having fun. She honestly didn't want to leave Aaron for the night. 

"Thank you for tonight, really, it was fun." Cassandra says again. 

"I had to go all out for my girl." Aaron says picking with the necklace on Cassandra's neck.

"So, I'm your girl now? We ain't make anything official." Cassandra says wrapping her arms around Aaron's neck. 

His arms are enclosed on her waist, dangerously close to her butt. But neither of them care. They were in a pure bliss, maybe lust, but you get my point. They liked each other. But they didn't know what to do next.

"Be my girl?" Aaron asks not realizing he lost the bet. 

"Are you serious?" Cassandra asks not sure if he was playing. 

"You just had to ruin the moment. Imma ask you again, be my girl?" 

Cassandra is conflicted. She doesn't want to be one of those hoes Aaron keeps around. She just wants it to be the two of them. And she didn't know if he was willing to do that. 

"I'll be your girl." Cassandra says throwing her doubts out of the window. 

Aaron doesn't say anything. He kisses her again instead. That type of deep everlasting kiss. Aunt Vye gasps and closes the window. Cassandra is the first to break the kiss. 

"Goodnight." She quietly says. 

"Sweet dreams, baby." Aaron says walking back to his car. 

Cassandra enters the house with a smirk on her face. Everyone seems to notice her happy mood. Cassandra hugs her family and sees Aunt Vye in the kitchen. 

"So you just go around kissing boys, huh?" Aunt Vye says taking the cake out of the oven. 

"Auntie! He's my boyfriend now. Thank you very much." Cassandra says picking up a cupcake. 

"Wow! Cassandra has a boyfriend. What the hell is that around your neck?" Aunt Vye notices the necklace. 

"He brought it for me. It's cute isn't it." Cassandra says admiring the necklace. 

"Mhm, now help me with this cake." 

Cassandra is now laying in her bed, replaying the thoughts in her head. She would have to talk to Aaron about his little hoes later on. She wanted to be the only one with Aaron. She ain't wanna share. 

Her phone lights up, Aaron's contact name shows up on the screen. Cassandra smiles and opens the text thread. It's a good night text, even though it's three am. Cassandra then remembers their bet.

Cassandra: Nigga you fell first. 

Aaron is on the roof next to Reek and Twan. They smoke a blunt in the dark. The moon the only thing illuminating the sky. Aaron checks the message on his phone and smirks. He know he lost the bet. 

Aaron: I know, so does this mean i can take you to prom?

"Nigga, pass the blunt." Antwan says snatching the weed. 

Aaron doesn't care, he waits for a text back from Cassandra. He wanted her but he didn't exactly know how relationships work. His loyalty always lied with hoes but Cassandra was a curve ball in his game. 

"Why you all happy for? You got some pussy or something?" Tyreek says making Aaron rolls his eyes. 

"I got a girlfriend now." Aaron says. 

"Awww shit. It's that Cassandra chick. She's nice I guess. I just hope you don't break ole girl heart." 

Aaron's first step to try to be loyal was going to his contacts. He deletes all of his hoes numbers. And then deletes the text threads. He doesn't wanna get caught up when he had something good in front of him. 

"I don't wanna break her heart. She's special. She ain't like them hoes I used to fuck with. A nigga actually get happy seeing her. I get butterflies and shit when I see her. I don't know what the fuck that means." Aaron confesses. 

"Nigga you like her. That's what it means." Antwan says smirking. 

Aaron's phone goes off making him look at the screen. A text from Cassandra pops up. He smiles knowing she was going to say yes. He opens the text thread.

Cassandra: I'll go to prom with you

Authors Note: 

This was just a short chapter, comment what ya'll think gonna happen next? I want to thank ya'll for all the reads and votes and comments. Ya'll the real ones. But the next couples of chapters will have time skips. Including prom and graduation. 

And then I will continue the book when they go to college. And then i'll be ending the book 

Vote and comment please

Go read my other books!