THREE.

BENJI HAD NEVER been the type to dwell on things or chase after boys, which was exactly why he tried to shrug Lucifer Morningstar's sudden exit off as no big deal

BENJI HAD NEVER been the type to dwell on things or chase after boys, which was exactly why he tried to shrug Lucifer Morningstar's sudden exit off as no big deal. Instead of shooting yearning, dramatic looks to the door that his tall figure had sauntered through only moments earlier, Benjamin reminded what kind of a man he himself was — confident, brave, independent, and above all, carefree.

With that word pluckily remaining in his mind, Benji then proceeded to have a drink — just one, due to promising Dan he'd be responsible and smart with his behavior and pastime activities — and chat it up with the strangers by the bar counter. His laughter was loud, matching up with the volume of the music as his eyes crinkled and his hand went to his chest, confirming to the people around him that he was having a good time. In his mind, he could imagine Daniel's proud smile, one that would have meant something like, "See, you don't need to be drunk to have fun!"

Perhaps it was true.

"Hey, cutie, another drink right this way, pretty please", Benji lifted his finger then, earning the attention of the adorable but muscular bartender behind the counter, his hair in a neat bun and a lovely smile on his lips. "But, wait — make it alcohol-free", the youngest Espinoza then added, proud of himself as he flashed a convincing grin at the bartender, who instantly got to work.

"Oh, I'm sorry", a female voice then spoke up from beside Benjamin, who turned around quickly, only to find an awkwardly smiling blonde standing there, glasses resting atop her nose and her hands fiddling with her white jacket. "Did you— uh, are you two...", she stammered, nodding subtly towards the bartender, and eyes widening, Benjamin realized what she was referring to. And somehow, he was glad he could say no, because frankly, the woman was just downright adorable.

"Oh no, no! By all means, flirt away. I'm, uh— well, it's about my brother. I've only recently returned to L.A. I kind of promised him I'd act more mature this time, so, no more sleeping around I guess", Benjamin reassured the blonde, who nodded and took a seat next to the man, both of them still smiling at each other — until he ended up chuckling in some kind of embarrassment and shaking his head. "Sorry, you didn't really sign up for my life story. TMI, I know", he apologized quickly, proving what most people didn't believe, that even if he was a wild boy, prone to bad behavior and impulsive actions, he did have manners.

But luckily, the woman was quick to comfort him. "It's okay, really. I'm a therapist, so I'm used to it. I guess I just have one of those faces", she explained, and Benji, who was just about to sip on the drink that had been delivered to him, lowered the glass quickly and lifted his eyebrows. He didn't consider himself someone who needed therapy, but he was intrigued by the line of work.

"Really?", he wondered, "what's your name, if you don't mind me asking?"

In an instant, the blonde stuck out her hand for Benjamin to shake, which he did quickly. "Dr. Linda Martin. And you are?", she introduced herself with the smile on her lips only growing brighter, and impressed by her enthusiasm and lovable personality, Benji gently gripped her hand and nodded approvingly.