THIRTEEN.

BENJI WASN'T SURE what to expect, but he certainly couldn't pass the opportunity to meet the infamous Mazikeen, who he was imagining as a kickass queen and Izzy Holt's girlfriend — although he didn't know if it was official yet, it was bound ...

BENJI WASN'T SURE what to expect, but he certainly couldn't pass the opportunity to meet the infamous Mazikeen, who he was imagining as a kickass queen and Izzy Holt's girlfriend — although he didn't know if it was official yet, it was bound to happen. Of course, he had seen the demon briefly at Lux before ladies' night, but they were yet to meet more or less officially, and that was why Benjamin was nearly shaking with excitement. Sure, he had sworn that this day would not revolve around Lucifer like the rest seemed to, but Maze wasn't the same thing as Lucifer, right? Even if she was his supernatural best friend from literal Hell.

But, at the very least, he was going there for Chloe and Trixie, too. He missed his niece, and things had been too hectic for him and Chloe to get a chance to talk, so it seemed like an overall perfect plan.

"Uncle Benji!", Trixie was gushing by her breakfast when she heard the familiar growl of Benjamin's Camaro on the yard of their new apartment, and forgetting all about her sandwich, the girl jumped off of her seat and rushed to the front door, exactly on time, as her uncle then bravely stepped in without knocking. He couldn't get a single word uttered out when Trixie had wrapped her eager, tiny arms around his waist and squealed in joy, and in return, Benji broke into a smile and ruffled his niece's dark curls.

"Missed you, nugget", he teased, and flashing her missing teeth in a wide grin, the girl went for a high-five, which the man gladly accepted.

"I missed you too! Are you still hurting because of the accident?", she wondered in curiosity while eyeing Benjamin's side, and although beneath his flannel, there was a terrifyingly purple, large bruise to remind him of what happened, and all the pain hadn't faded away yet, he shook his head and forced a smile to reassure Beatrice he was all good.

"Nah, I'm like a superhero. I heal fast. Now, I can see you haven't finished your breakfast, so if you want this chocolate cake I brought you, better hurry", Benji revealed his other hand, which was holding a little plastic container with Trixie's favorite dessert hidden within. And obviously, the girl was unable to resist such a tempting offer, and soon enough she was already gone and along with her, the cake.

And as Trixie left, Chloe appeared. "How are you doing, Ben? Sorry I haven't stopped by", the blonde sighed as she very gently and carefully pulled her brother-in-law into a hug, and rested her jaw on his shoulder while holding him. Breathing out, Benjamin smiled and hugged her in relief, utterly happy to see that she was in one piece. It was obvious that he had suffered the most damage, and somehow, he was glad — he didn't want Chloe to go through the same. Especially when she had a lot more people caring about her than he did.

"How are you? I was going to bring you flowers but I kind of forgot them on top of the car and realized only after I had run them over. And no—it's okay, I haven't really, uh, been home lately, kind of wandered around for a while", the man smiled sheepishly as he rambled, trying to find a way to leave Lucifer out of it, especially because he knew how close Chloe was with him — even if she would have loved to fight on that.