Chapter 5

*Tsuki's POV*

I've been waiting for Gaara for two weeks now. Still no sign of him. I was starting to feel lonely until I saw Gaara's father.

"If your waiting for Gaara, it's no use. He's not coming. He doesn't need any friends according to what he says." I felt like I was being crushed under a boulder and I felt tears at my eyes.

"But....why?" I asked shakily. I couldn't believe what I was hearing from him.

I sighed and closed my eyes. I kept thinking on it differently hoping that it was just a lie. The Kazekage seemed honest though. I stood up.

"Fine. If......if that's what you want. Just give me two days to get ready and say goodbye." he nodded and left me to myself. I lifted my hand to look at my bracelet.

It was a braided thread holding a crystal in the middle of it. I think mommy called it a lacrima crystal. I put my hand over it and took it. I started glowing and it disappeared as my glow faded and I fell to my knees.

I felt my world darken for a bit before I stood up and tried to walk to the house that me and Gaara always stayed at for our spare time.

I got there after tripping 20 times and stumbled inside. I leaned against the wall and fell to my knees. I coughed up blood and passed out.

*Gaara's POV*

I was on top of the roof of the house we stayed at most of the time. I heard the door open and close. I smiled and floated down on my sand.

I went inside to see her on the ground unconscious with a small spot of blood on the floor. My eyes widened and I ran over to her as quickly as I could.

"Tsuki!" I yelled and I saw her flinch a bit as if she was having a nightmare. I was glad she was okay but the blood made me worry about her. I didn't want to use my sand with her around but I used it to put her on the couch careful not to hurt her.

"Please be okay." I muttered as I started to leave to get Yashimaru. I heard a small groan from Tsuki and I paused then looked back at her.

"Gaara?" She spoke a bit tired. I felt relieved that she was okay. I walked back to her as she sat up and I hugged her. She froze for a second.

"You're okay." I said relieved as I hugged her tighter and a blush came to my face. I pulled away and she was blushing a bit. She was smiling.

"Of course I am. I guess I kinda worried you, huh?" She said a bit nervously. I nodded.

"You did worry me when I saw the blood." I said honestly. There was no way I was going to lie about that.

"Gaara?" I looked at her curiously.

"Yeah?" She seemed bit sad and hesitant.

"My big brother....my name was the last thing I heard from him." My eyes widened a bit. "So...I kinda plan on changing it to Gin." I was confused.

"Why?" she didn't look at me.

"The reason is because my daddy's name was Silver." She said as tears fell down her face. I hugged her again and she hugged back.

Little had I known....that things were about to go downhill for both of us.