Chapter 31

It's been a couple months since Gaara was elected as Kazekage and I was organizing through some of the files Gaara has set aside.

Natsu and the others were currently out roaming about (and hopefully not destroying anything) since Lucy and the girls wanted to spend some time out and happened to drag the boys with too. I stayed behind because I wasn't interested in buying any fancy clothes or anything special.

I was on the window sill in my room right now though and I heard a knock on my room door. "Tsuki," I looked at the door as it opened. It was Gray. "I need to ask you about something important." I blinked and smiled.

"Sure, what is it?" I asked and Gray closed the door behind him.

"Have you thought about wanting to go home or not?" I froze up and sighed.

"It's too hard for me to decide that sort of thing, Gray. I know I was born in a world of magic, but...I grew up here. Things felt different, sure but if I leave, I'd be leaving everything I know behind..." I said, looking out the window.

"Tsuki, it's been three months. You had to have thought of some way to want to go home or not." Gray said, frowning. "Look, I'm not trying to rush you to a decision, but...please, let me know when you have your mind made up." I stared at him for a minute as he left my room again.

I looked out the window to see Kankuro and Sabaku arguing with each other while Gaara and Temari were off to the side. Lucy was laughing and Erza made the two headbutt each other, making them both go 'K.O'. I couldn't help but smile a bit.

"I just...really can't decide though." I said, frowning. I stood up and walked over to my bed and pulled out a box. I opened it and it had Gaara's old teddy bear with a photo of the two of us with Yashimaru, Kankuro, and Temari. It was one of the very few days that Gaara's dad couldn't come home due to work so Temari and Kankuro came over. I smiled a bit and I heard a knock on the door, startling me. I quickly closed the box and hid it under the bed again before standing straight.

"Tsuki, Sa-baka needs to see ya." Kankuro announced and I smiled.

"Okay! I'll be down there soon!" I called and I heard Kankuro's footsteps walking away.

I sighed in relief and rubbed the back of my neck. Why did I hide that thinking it was Gaara? I thought, groaning to myself in slight disappointment of how I reacted. Best to deal Sabaku now and the box later. I left the bedroom and made my way downstairs and outside.

On the way out, I accidentally ran into a girl with all I could see was white hair. "Sorry." I quickly apologized before continuing to run.

Who was she...? In the three months I've been here, I didn't recall seeing a person with white hair here unless they were old people like Granny Chiyo, but she seemed my age.

I had gotten outside and I was suddenly pulled to the side and I found myself being dragged by Sabaku. "What the-?!"

"There's something I need to talk to you about." Sabaku said and we got to where the Kazekage statues were and we sat at the feet of the Third Kazekage.

"What is it that you needed to talk to me about?" Sabaku sighed.

"Listen, the council seems to be getting concerned about your connection with Gaara. You know the only reason they're letting Gaara be the Kazekage, right?" I nodded.

"Of course I do! I don't think it's really fair about that fact, but Gaara seemed okay with it."

"My grandfather said that considering your connection with Gaara, you shouldn't really be with him all the time."