Chapter 4

*Gaara's POV*

It's been two years since I first met Tsuki. She normally went to the house and I'd follow her when it was night out and she couldn't sleep. Sometimes, she looked sad and I wonder why. That's how I caught her tonight. The same sad and distant look.

"Why are you sad, Tsuki?" I asked a bit worried. She looked up at me and smiled. But, I knew it was fake because it was more sad than happy.

"Nothing. I was just remembering my family. It was always so fun and happy. Never a dull moment. Except two years ago. A demon came and killed everyone and destroyed everything." she said as a tear fell down her face and I felt sad for her.

"I didn't know." I said sadly. She shook her head.

"Don't be. It's not your fault. Besides, it's the reason why I like to stare at the sky a lot. My Daddy used to think of ways to get me to sleep without trying. Mainly, using the stars." She said with a smile. I couldn't help but smile too.

"How would he do that?" I asked curiously. She giggled.

"Well, he'd come into my room and make sure I was asleep. If I wasn't and asked him about what he saw when he looked at the stars, he'd say -word for word- 'well, I see Mommy looking at you and say 'go to bed or no cookies tomorrow.' I always ran to my bed and scowled Daddy for joking like that." We both broke out laughing.

"I guess he really was fun, huh?" I asked still laughing a bit. She nodded.

"Yeah. I wish you could've met them." she said. I smiled.

"At least your dad is better than mine." I said as she nodded in agreement. I smiled.

"You want to go to the playground?" Tsuki asked yawning. I found it cute when she was tired.

"Tomorrow morning we can. You need to sleep right now." I said smiling softly. She put her head on my shoulder and I tensed for a second before relaxing and blushing.

" 'Night Gaara." She said sleeping a second later.

" 'Night, Tsuki." I said smiling with my heart skipping beats as she slept peacefully.