Chapter 28

Apparently the Sand Siblings were sent to help get Sasuke back to Konoha. Sabaku was with us as well and Gaara seemed to keep a close eye on Sabaku. I didn't know why, to be honest. I was in the back with Sabaku while Gaara took lead.

"We'll split off so we can help more of the group while we can, it's better off like that." I suggested and Gaara looked back at me before looking back forward.

"All right. Let's split off then." Gaara stated after a moment. I smiled a bit and we all nodded. Sabaku immediately split off from the rest of the group and I kept going straight as the others split off.

After a while, I found someone and my eyes widened. I landed on a nearby branch and realized it was Neji. I hopped down from the tree. "Neji!" I exclaimed and he looked up at me. He seemed pale and weak. "Didn't think that you'd be this beat up." I said and he scoffed slightly.

I guess I should've added him to the 'Emo Plague' list...maybe later.

"Shut up." He said, simply and I felt my eye twitch a bit.

So, he didn't change much...

"No, you shut up, Destiny. I have to at least help you heal up, so no talking." I said, before making hand signs and I put my hands over Neji's body. The open wounds were soon covered in ice to keep the blood from exiting the body.

"Why do you insist in calling me that?" Neji asked and I smirked a bit.

"Because everyone I know has nicknames from me. Seeing as how you kept going on and on about destiny, I decided to have that as your nickname. And I warned you not to talk!" I biffed him in the head and he cringed. "Though, there's only been a few I haven't thought of a nickname for. Tenten and Hinata being two of them." I said, thoughtfully.

"Hinata...?" Neji looked at me.

"Well, I can't just give her any regular nickname, you know. Now, stop talking or I'll find some kind of stick and put it in your mouth like a dog." I warned and he sighed.

"I didn't think being a Leaf Shinobi, you'd be this violent." I chuckled a bit.

"First off, it's a way for me to show my affection, second there's more people in the Leaf Village who have more sadistic thoughts than I do, then third, I warned you not to talk!" I biffed Neji in the head again, making him cringe a second time.

This time, he finally decided to stay quiet. I stood up and looked at Neji. "We'll have to move somewhere else. Did anybody stay behind before you?" I asked.

"Choji." He said and I nodded.

"Got it. I'll have to keep you close enough so we'll have think about how we can reach Choji while keeping you around." I frowned a bit and sighed. I looked away with a small blush. "There's only one way I can pull that off without wasting any m-" I tensed to pause. "Chakra." I relaxed again.

Damn, I almost let it slip out...that was a close one. It was a good thing it didn't slip out. Then again, Neji has the Byakugan so I'm not sure if he'd know about my magic or not. I sighed.

"Listen, you'll um....have to ride on my back." I said, without making eye contact. "No complaints. I don't care if it ruins your pride, but you'll have to go with it, got it?" I said, looking at Neji but he just looked away.

"No." I growled before bonking him on the head.

"Neji! Listen, it'll be easier on the ninja to find you and Choji in the same place and not separate places, got it? So no complaints! Unless you want me to leave you to suffer your injuries that you've already got." I said, crossing my arms. "Trust me, I don't like it any less than you do, but if it comes down to it, I'll do it."