Chapter 9

Samuel's POV:

"Samuel stop. Just stop. Please." She pleaded.

The arguments started to emerge. Her and I have been arguing more ever since that night at the dinner. It pissed me off that she just began to randomly scold me for whatever so I ended up yelling. I know yelling doesn't solve shit but I didn't just want to walk away from it, unresolved.

"Stop what Catie? Making a point?" I snapped.

"Stop being like this! You're constantly on me about everything that's wrong in my life and I'm sorry but I can't change that!" She complained.

I knew she was right but I already started with a point and it would be embarrassing to not finish it. "You know why I bring them up? It's because you don't try to fix shit! You let them leave you and then you act like nothing happens!" I stood up as I yelled and she stood up too.

"Samuel it's my fucking family!" She screamed. Tears were starting to format in her eyes.

"What about me?!" I found myself yelling. I instantly regretted it.

"I do everything for you!" She grumbled. "And if you fail to see that.. I don't even know why you're dating me!" She lightly pushed my chest.

"Don't say that." I pleaded. "Because I love you and you know this."

"Then stop starting shit Samuel."

I sighed. "Why are we arguing?"

"Ask yourself that. Why are we arguing? Huh?" Her tears finally fell and I instantly tried to wipe them with my thumb but she pushed it away.

"I-I d-dont know." My head fell.

She wiped he tears herself. "Maybe you should think about it Samuel. Because it's bullshit. You start crap for absolutely nothing!" She yelled. "And when I correct you for making fun of my family, you flip out and yell and scream at me! And you make me cry. I thought whenever I'm with you I would never cry but I guess I'm wrong again."

I closed my eyes tight to refrain from crying myself. "Catie I--"

"Stop Samuel. I don't want to hear it."

"I never wanted to make you cry." I said quick so she wouldn't repeat herself. "I'm sorry. I hate seeing you cry."

"Well then stop making me cry."

"I guess your parents just.. Maybe I'm jealous okay!!" I snapped again. I instantly apologized.

"Jealous?" She asked. "Last time I checked, the Samuel I fell in love with would tell the person how he feels and actually find a solution."

"Don't say that." The tears finally escaped my eyes too. "I'm sorry I just--"

"My parents invited you to their home and they ADORE you Samuel. They even said they would let you marry me, no questions asked. Maybe if they say what you are now maybe you would fucking realize how much you have ruined me."

"Please stop." I pleaded again.

"I'm done Samuel! I'm done with you!"

••

I bolted up quick from my terrible nightmare. I sighed and assured myself that that will never happen between Catie and I. We love each other that's not possible to happen. Right?

I looked over at my alarm clock. 3:27 AM

This is considered rude but I think she will understand. I grabbed my phone from the bedside cabinet and hovered my finger over her contact. She will understand.