Chapter 17

Unknown's POV:

I walked to the very familiar restaurant.

It's been two months since I started to go to this restaurant, and I found him. I guess I shouldn't wait another two months to tell him. I'll tell him today.

He's so grown now. He still has his features from when he was little: his long thin nose, his cheek bones, his toned skin, and his kind smile. I can't believe how much he has grown, then again, he thinks I'm just a regular customer.

"Ms. Kim!" He smiled and walked up to me. "Want me to lead you to your booth?"

I smiled back. "Yes please."

He grabbed a straw and walked to the booth while I followed. "Here you go Ms. Kim... and--" He stopped and his jaw clenched.

My eyes began to water.

"Ms. Kim? Are you okay?"

I brought my hand up to his cheek and nodded. "I'm okay Samuel." I smiled and the tears finally fell. "I'm okay son."

His lips turned into a slight pout and his eyes released tears as he sobbed and hugged me. "Mom." He breathed out. "Eommani..." He continued to sob.

"Don't cry... I'm here." I said, even though I had some tears of my own falling.

"How did I not know? You've been coming here for months and I still didn't know. Did you know?" He sniffed.

I hugged him tighter. "Yes. I wanted to know my son as a man now though."

"Why did you leave?" He mumbled, just above my ear.

"Your father forced me. He threatened me."

"I'm gonna kill that bastard." He grumbled.

"Why are you here?"

"My girlfriend and her parents were in trouble. Dad is trying to kill them so I moved them here, and..." He sighed. "I'm started to question if it's worth it. I love her though, so I think it is." He conceded from the hug and smiled. "I missed you so much." He choked out.

"I missed you too. I'm sorry.. about everything." I weakly smiled.

"It's okay, eomma.. you're here."

••

"Here's my address.." he started, "please come over eomma. I want you to meet Mr and Mrs Park, my... other parents. I also want you to meet Catie, my girlfriend." He sweetly smiled. "I get off work at 6, so be there by 7?"

I nodded. "Of course sweetie." I kissed my boy on the cheek and left the store, ready to meet these wonderful people.

Catie's POV:

I stared at my phone from the conversation that Samuel had with me. A smile escaped my restrain.

Samuel:
Honey I have a surprise for you after work. I love you.

Me:
Oh really? I told you we are too young and I'm not ready

Samuel:
Although, I would like what you're talking about, it's not that 😏

Me:
Good. Then what is it?

Me:
Tell meeeee

Samuel:
Baby I'm at work I can't really talk much. And it's a surprise I'm not telling you. I love you.

Me:
Fine then. Be that way. I love you too 😒